Smasher and Fibber need to be patched

#51PanopictonguyPosted 1/26/2013 9:33:25 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
R0880 posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
ITT: using in game gear isn't legit.

Nice comprehension skills! By the way, can you dupe trade me a Norfleet? I heard you were the person to talk to about dupe trading.

I could say the same for you, big guy. Aren't you the same person that just tried to argue that duping is a form of trading?

Btw, duping IS cheating. More so than gear exploits.

Seriously big boy? Not really relevant is it? There would be no point in anyone arguing about your understanding/misunderstanding of 'trading' and 'duping'. Don't derail the topic. I thought you were joking or trolling before, maybe that isn't the case.

Also, I never said duping wasn't cheating, and I'm pretty sure I never even said that I viewed the problem of 'glitches' or 'exploits' as the fact they were 'cheating'.

Uh huh. I noticed you didn't argue against the cheating label when other people use it.

Anyways, here's what's irrelevant: the need for balance and nerfs in a non competitive game.

Borderlands has always been about freedom. The freedom to build your character how you want, the freedom to use whatever gear you want. Why do you "legit" players want to take that freedom away from anyone that enjoys it? Who are you to decide what is "legit"?

If you don't like exploits, don't play with randoms. Get more friends. Hell, I don't think I've seen more than half a dozen threads asking for "legit" players only. Instead of putting in a little effort to find like minded gamers, they'd rather cry and whine until everyone else's fun is ruined.

I'll cry and whine until all your fun is gone. Matchmaking is put in place so players can find people of equal level and.or story progress to play with at any time of the day.

If I get off from work I'd like to be able to just click matchmaking and land on a normal game within the perimeters of the game.

Or maybe I'm wrong for wanting to play the licensed content the way it was made to be played.

P.s. thank you for exposing yourself to be the dirty casual that I knew you were.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#52KaBoom1322Posted 1/26/2013 9:39:29 AM
Whilst I don't use the exploits, what harm do people do if they choose to use them by themselves?If they are playing single player or with friends who also don't mind let them do it.

However if they choose to use it whilst playing with people who don't agree it is wrong to do so.I do think they need to be patched because they do ruin the experience for the people who don't condone it.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#53ShichikaPosted 1/26/2013 9:44:27 AM
Feel like this thread is slowly turning into a fight, also i feel like those who complain about multiplayer, why cant you just host the game and let randoms join you that way you have full control of whats going on? only problem i have ever had with the complaints towards the multiplayer in bl2 is it feels like the people who would be the randoms for the game complain about the guy hosting and it feels like their trying to control how he plays the game and what he experiences in his own game, eh maybe thats just me who views them complaints thats way though.
---
GT: zeroreaperX5
#54iOutlawTornPosted 1/26/2013 9:47:12 AM
You still never answered my question. How will patching the Evil Smasher/Fibber improve gameplay for me? You said it will improve the game for everyone. Now explain.

I can certainly agree with you on wanting to play with people who are like minded. That's why I play with my friends. I can't really put any of my opinions forward as far as matchmaking is concerned simply because I don't really use it. I've used it and had no real issues with anything. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe I just don't care who is doing what in the game. As long as I'm not getting the graveyard.sav (which is gone now) or back in the days of PSO I didn't want to get CK'd or NOL'd. PK'ing was ok...I did it myself once or twice ;)

I agree with you 100% in terms of Gearbox needing to put forth a polished product. 100%. That was the most solid argument I've seen in this entire thread. If they become known for a game developer that releases extremely complex games that have tons of glitches and never even attempt to fix them, that devastates their credibility and future products down the line. So if we were simply talking from a business standpoint as it relates to Gearbox, then patch the goober out of the game.

This whole thing is a slippery slope though. You have your legit players (and I consider myself among them) and you have your "cheaters" (though I cringe at calling them that for using glitches within the game and not something like a save editor or whatever else). They each have their own playstyle and they are absolutely allowed to play the game how they see fit. That's their right as a gamer. Play the game how you want to be played. The whole reason this is even an issue is because some people (on BOTH sides) let their opinions of how it should be played interfere with the other persons.

I don't see a right or wrong solution. No matter what, someone is getting screwed in the process. That's just going to be how it is.
#55kiwimyweeweePosted 1/26/2013 9:50:26 AM
ioutlawtorn it's a battle over dominance of matchmaking. Nothing more nothing less.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#56OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 1/26/2013 9:51:40 AM
if you guys put this much effort into something uselful- like helping the homeless, or feeding the poor- we could change the world- instead you wanna mince words over a stupid video game that has absolutley no real value toward any facet of life. its a little silver disc that gets spun in a circle real fast and a laser hits it. why dont you guys use your knowledge and wit to impeach the president, fix congress, levy taxes? a video game glitch? really? 5 months from now no one will even remember any of this junk- itll be some new stupid game to preach about. i wish i could run for "world dominator'" because id get everyone on game faqs to help me lead the masses to freedom! there is alot of energy wasted on stupid topics by really smart people. i love you all!
#57iOutlawTornPosted 1/26/2013 9:51:43 AM
kiwimyweewee posted...
ioutlawtorn it's a battle over dominance of matchmaking. Nothing more nothing less.

Word.
#58iOutlawTornPosted 1/26/2013 9:55:49 AM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
if you guys put this much effort into something uselful- like helping the homeless, or feeding the poor- we could change the world- instead you wanna mince words over a stupid video game that has absolutley no real value toward any facet of life. its a little silver disc that gets spun in a circle real fast and a laser hits it. why dont you guys use your knowledge and wit to impeach the president, fix congress, levy taxes? a video game glitch? really? 5 months from now no one will even remember any of this junk- itll be some new stupid game to preach about. i wish i could run for "world dominator'" because id get everyone on game faqs to help me lead the masses to freedom! there is alot of energy wasted on stupid topics by really smart people. i love you all!

That was a little bit crazy...but if you say so. Some of us do have something useful to contribute to the real world. Hell...all of us probably do. I'm a personal trainer/nutritionist/counselor during the day. Making people feel and think better about themselves and the world is what I do. I'm not coming here on GameFaqs to continue that quest of making the world a better place. I'm here to talk about another passion of mine, gaming. Why do I have to have a 24/7 attitude about one singular goal?

This is just like this argument, you just gave a real world example. You wanna change the way I live my life!!! BLASPHEMER!!
#59R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:36:37 AM
I feel as if the thread is getting a bit out of hand and I assure you this was never my intention. I also feel like people are 'attacking' me based on a stance that I do not actually adopt. I'd like to clarify my position as a result, seeing as I created the thread.

Firstly I really do not care what others do in their games as long as it does not interfere with my experience. I also do not care whether or not people use cheats, exploits or glitches and I'm not inherently against people using them whatsoever. I myself even dupe, which many would rightly consider an exploit, and there are many reasons for that from helping out the community due to the kindness they showed me to duping items to use across multiple characters.

My main point is that problems and bugs should be fixed to sustain the product. Like many other products, games often requiring servicing, and Gearbox has (and hopefully will continue to) done a good job so far. It's about quality control. The nature of the glitch, bug, whatever is irrelevant to me.

@iOutlawTorn Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were addressing me before. I didn't mean to ignore you (if I did). By addressing and resolving bugs, glitches, whatever it shows a willingness of Gearbox to improve and 'fix' their product. Removing such problems brings the game closer to the developers vision of the experience, which is what we paid for in the first place. I hope that clears my standing up a bit :) (Thanks for the compliment btw, and thanks for the nice response).

@OLD_MAN_GAMER haha I found your post quite amusing. Gaming is just a hobby for me, thus I enjoy discussing it. Of course I have my actual life, where I put my energy/skills into, gaming is just for fun :) I enjoy discussion and debate (I'm a trainee lawyer) and gaming can be another, albeit stress-free, medium for that. Sorry if I offended anyone :(
#60PanopictonguyPosted 1/26/2013 10:44:39 AM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...

I'm a EMT/Fire Fighter...what do you do for a living sir?

Last I checked entertainment does have a value.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.