Having trouble with my lv34 axton.I would appreciate tips.The competition is STIFF. --- Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
This might not be what you want to hear but I would level up a bit. My bud and I found the Hyperion Slaughter to be brutal, and we got frustrated and simply came back to the fifth round after playing through other parts of the game. We ended up maybe one or two levels higher than the mission but it was still a good challenge.
There is also a point in the round where turrets will appear underneath the long platform from the vending machines to the elevator. If you're getting downed as if from nowhere, it's probably the turrets, so take those out immediately.
You can also shoot at missiles from Constructors before they reach you. --- It's raining luggage and babies and limbs and Daddy doesn't come home.
This one is tough... I beat it solo by levelling up a bit and then abused the evil smasher glitch with an infinity. However, the first time I did it was a lot more of a scramble playing my Siren with a friend's Zer0. Suggestions that may help:
1) There's a hollow container near the lava edge adjacent to the starting platform that offers cover from a lot of the worst missles and the surveyors. I started out every round inside this until people had shown up - you can also take out quite a few from inside it without exposing yourself to enemy fire
2) If you haven't, definitely spec down the left tree to get the slag turret and rockets. If you're trying to solo, having a turret that can slag and blow the living hell out of robots (also one you can toss right outside the container) is very useful
3) In conjunction with #2 above, recommend a mod that gives +cooldown rate and +Sentry skill
4) Hit up vendors to search out a homing corrosive grenade of almost any type, but MIRV worked best for me
5) Keep a decent rocket launcher (also ideally with corrosive) in one slot for second winds
6) Pack at least one decent weapon of each type that you can switch out in your other three slots, since ammo can sometimes be a pain for that one particular weapon
Thanks for your help.The furthest i've got is the round with all the super badass loaders they absolutely destroyed me. --- Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
Me and my friend attempted this recently - me playing a Turret Soldier and him a Siren. He died fairly early on, and I was left on my own, with him taking pot shots at them from above with a sniper.
My stratergy for the whole thing was to hide inside the hollow containers, chucking my turret out as soon as I could, and poking my head out to fire every now and again. Rarely would an enemy fully engage me.
Good luck, let us know how you do! --- GamerTag: TwistAndSpin ~Pokemon Black: 3525 1784 7570~ HG-FC: 1591 7368 1718 ~
I was a level 36 Axton with most of my skills in the guerrilla tree. I beat round 5 solo.
What you need to do is well not very heroic but hide in the storage container on the edge of the map. I would let my turret do most of the killing while I occasionally came out to draw some of the loaders in.
It took some time and it wasn't exciting but I failed many times when I tried to beat it head on.
Man I gotta tell you I probably looked like a monkey having its way with a football doing it. Same as others said, go for the guerrilla tree. I stayed back by the overhanging platforms and defended it fiercely. --- Maikutx - "You're defending Burger Town because Sgt. Foley is hungry like a mug!"