Does anyone consistently see Pimon in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve?

#1minimang123Posted 1/25/2013 4:08:09 PM
I have only two challenges left - Jimmy Jenkins and Ride Together, Die Together...

I've seen Tumbaa every single time I've gone to the WEP. Never Pimon, regardless of my number of players. Is this an xbox only glitch? Or was it patched alongside the lyuda (I only see guns as "White Death" rather than "Lyuda" still due to the length of my save game; perhaps this glitch is also a matter of your save game)?
---
GT: minimang123
#2TheBigWifPosted 1/25/2013 4:09:18 PM
I gave seen him 3 times out of maybe 5 I have gone there.
#3kiwimyweeweePosted 1/25/2013 4:11:03 PM
By any chance do you have doctors orders still open? I imagine you do since you are going for jenkins. I wonder if there is a correlation in his spawn rate because he never spawns for me with.

Just a theory.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#4Saikon4404Posted 1/25/2013 4:14:08 PM
On one character, I've seen Tumba about 10 times, never seen Pimon. On another though, I've seen both at once about 5 times. On both Normal and TVHM. And both having done save and quits to reload back at the Natural Selection Annex.

I'm starting to wonder if it's bad luck, or if there's a glitch somewhere that stops him from spawning.
#5minimang123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:29:31 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
By any chance do you have doctors orders still open? I imagine you do since you are going for jenkins. I wonder if there is a correlation in his spawn rate because he never spawns for me with.

Just a theory.

I don't have Doctor's Orders open. Do you?

@Saikon4404: Perhaps there is a save-related glitch. I'll seek it out on my new character and see what happens.
---
#6TheBigWifPosted 1/26/2013 10:31:56 PM
I have not done Doctors Orders yet, nor do I know what it is?
#7kiwimyweeweePosted 1/26/2013 10:36:06 PM
minimang123 posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...

Just a theory.

I don't have Doctor's Orders open. Do you?

@Saikon4404: Perhaps there is a save-related glitch. I'll seek it out on my new character and see what happens.

Yeah it's open for me. Was hoping that's the cause.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#8minimang123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 2:30:14 AM
Well, I just saw Pimon for the first time in my game.

On my main character (Xbox live account, completed all quests, playthrough one) I never saw Pimon.

I made a new account a while back, made a character on that new account, and set that new character to be player 1. I then ran through the entire story again until I made it to the preserve. The only side quest I accepted was Doctor's Orders for Tannis, and this was my first time through the area. I ran through the spot where Pimon and Tumbaa would normally spawn, then entered and exited the Natural Selection Annex (after killing everything there and not seeing a single one of the two), and voila both Pimon and Tumbaa were in their respective spots. I then proceeded to kill them.

Although there are a lot of new variables introduced, I think that the most likely cause of Pimon's sudden appearance is the creation of a new character. I think it is a save-linked trait.
---
#9R0880Posted 1/27/2013 3:59:01 AM
I don't have this either.

Are there any specific requirements to get them to spawn? And is it in a specific area that they actually spawn? Never seen either of them :/
#10PanopictonguyPosted 1/27/2013 4:32:22 AM
I see them everytime I run the preserve. It's really annoying when you're underleveled.

Pimon is usually cloaked to the right of the doorway, he usually won't come out unless you cause havok.

If you don't see him just kill everyhing and keep enterting & exiting the preserve.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.