Curious about people's thoughts on modding

#1WonTontheFatPosted 1/25/2013 4:37:11 PM
With all of the threads about people looking for certain items, is there some huge bias against modding items to get what you want, or is it not as easy to mod as it was in Borderlands? I don't really see a difference between modding and asking someone with that same item to duplicate it for you; either way, you didn't "earn" it if that's what matters.
#2olan231Posted 1/25/2013 4:40:24 PM
I use to mod borderlands 2, made the game boring... Thankfully all I did was do it on a copy of my main character, still have my Siren with only like, 4 legendaries. In my opinion modding puts weapons into the game that everyone has, like a 63% Neogotiator or a 52K Bee or something like that. Everyone's stats for "Modded" legit weapons will be the same. I enjoy being able to find a weapon or shield or something that has different stats from the one just found 10 minutes ago, or 20, or three hours or whatever. I think you get my point I hope.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#3KaBoom1322Posted 1/25/2013 4:41:39 PM
I don't agree with modding,but if people don't want to farm or just want to get stuff easily let them.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#4spfurm01Posted 1/25/2013 5:03:44 PM
Hybrid/Modded weapons are more trouble than they're worth
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#5Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/25/2013 5:03:49 PM
I think you guys may be confusing two different things.

Constructs are guns that can legitimately spawn ingame, but were put together and inserted into your game.

Mods are parts combos that can't legitimately spawn in game.

I frown upon constructs more than mods, as they are indistinguishable from legit gear, and people will take advantage of that.

Mods can be fun to mess around with, as long as the user isn't negatively impacting anyone else's game.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#6resealablePosted 1/25/2013 5:13:37 PM
Mods are fun every now and then but it gets old joining people and all I see is an invincible dying 5 times before I can reach them.
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#7LeTHaL_PiRaTePosted 1/25/2013 5:18:28 PM
I mod to help my friends out with certain weapons and such. Of course it doesn't hurt to run a class with every skill point, but still.
---
GT: LeTHaL PiRaTe
Futa - You're gonna like what you see