What kind of experience would someone get playing these games on single player?

#1GutzNRagePosted 1/25/2013 7:05:19 PM
I don't play on-line often. The quality of my skill has decreased over time and I am not longer willing (or able) to play games for long periods of time.

However, these games do look interesting. The guns, the art-style, the characters, the layout, it just looks cool. But I am aware this is a multi-player game at heart. So I ask you guys if you would recommend it anyway?
---
" . . . " -- Link
GT: GUTZ and RAGE
#2dankbudPosted 1/25/2013 7:08:47 PM
The game will try your patience on single player. there are multiple parts that will kill you over and over again.

overall its a great game. i beat it solo (for the most part) and had only small patches of trouble.

the second playthrogh on the harder difficulty on the other hand . . .
#3olan231Posted 1/25/2013 7:10:56 PM
If you're skeptical I'd recommend renting it. It's a great game though, I've set it on the shelf and picked it up plenty of times just because I enjoy the random killing of things. This isn't a game that once you beat it you're done per say, but if you want to go kill your favorite boss again, you have the chance to, and in doing so you have the chance of getting better loot.

The experience is going to be different for everyone because it's not like, "Now you're here, I'm gonna give you this gun!" kind of thing, it's more you need to spend time in it to get the better things, like any RPG style game.

I however would recommend owning this game, once you beat it and want a bit more of a challenge you can play online, or even split screen to make the game just a bit harder.

I won't lie, there will be some repetition but that's what I myself find fun in a game.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#4Laylow12Posted 1/25/2013 7:13:06 PM
It's awesome single player.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/25/2013 7:20:32 PM
I honestly didnt have a lot of trouble playing through the game solo. I have a commando and an assassin at 50 and both were played mostly solo.

Raid bosses will always be difficult to solo but not impossible

Some are even really fun to fight on your own.

The game is designed to be played either co op or SP. SP is more challenging id say, but doable for sure and still a lot of fun
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#6GutzNRage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:20:55 PM
How about the first one? I'm thinking of starting with that one.

I don't mind repetition for the sake of leveling up, although I hope it's not a monotonous as grinding on an MMO,

As far as the difficulty goes, I will probably p***y out and play on the lower ones. I'm just not up to it sometimes.

**** I sound old.
---
" . . . " -- Link
GT: GUTZ and RAGE
#7capnovanPosted 1/25/2013 7:26:14 PM
These games don't have difficulty settings. As long as you remain vigilant and expect enemies to pop out from anywhere (seriously, sometimes enemies pop out of cardboard boxes! Loot Midgets they're called) you'll be fine. Use cover and realize that sometimes you can have 5-6 enemies shooting/chucking grenades at you.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#8olan231Posted 1/25/2013 7:28:14 PM
GutzNRage posted...
How about the first one? I'm thinking of starting with that one.

I don't mind repetition for the sake of leveling up, although I hope it's not a monotonous as grinding on an MMO,

As far as the difficulty goes, I will probably p***y out and play on the lower ones. I'm just not up to it sometimes.

**** I sound old.

The first one was spectacular. It isn't really required but recommended to play to better understand the story of the characters later on. Again, not needed though. Difficulty I say number 2 stepped it up a bit.

I will add on though, even though the game has a shooter aspect, as well as an RPG, it's not as easy as many other shooters, OR RPGS. The game itself and the series itself has created something new that is really innovative and a step outside of many people's comfort zones, and that's what I really loved about the series.

Quests in number 1 though kind of were the same thing over and over again, pick quest, go here, kill this, turn in. This one has more of a progressive quest system which I liked, it's still pick up, go here, do something, maybe go here, do another thing, go here, kill this person, go here, do that and turn in kind of thing, it's not as linear as the first one.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: DoS Paper Clock
Will Farm For Food.. </3
#9blacklabel357Posted 1/25/2013 7:29:58 PM
I don't have xbox live and I really enjoy this game and have had no problems with hard mode aka true vault hunter mode. I don't think playing with others would make the game anymore enjoyable for me as I like challenging games. If you run into problems, just treat it like an RPG and level yourself up before moving on to harder areas.

I have managed to beat most raid bosses solo, except the new ones on the latest DLC, but you can always play those on normal mode instead of true vault hunter mode.

They didn't design the raid bosses for single player so unless you use glitches or overpowered combos, you most likely will not be able to beat them by yourself.
---
Xbox live gamertag - TheurgicWraith
#10Aceofblades2k2Posted 1/25/2013 7:48:50 PM
The game is great, single or co-op.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp