So instead of patching things...

#11wareuphPosted 1/26/2013 6:19:53 AM
I think that's actually not a bad idea in theory, though everyone has put up some good points. I can't say for a fact that the games drop rates are so miserable that it drove the community to mass duping and glitching, but the fact of the matter is the raid bosses are very difficult for solo players or 4 player groups with just "good" gear.

You pretty much need elite gear to take them down or a super skilled group of people to play with. Back on topic though I honestly wasn't happy when they patched the bee but after awhile it forced me out of my comfort zone and I eventually found more enjoyment using different setups.

TL;DR Patch or not the game is fun as hell lol
---
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve.
GT: Metal Lloyd
#123CDEDPosted 1/26/2013 6:30:48 AM
Rainbow six vegas used that system and it worked fine.

more options should never be considered a bad thing.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#13wareuphPosted 1/26/2013 6:41:38 AM
3CDED posted...

Absolutely.
---
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve.
GT: Metal Lloyd
#14PanopictonguyPosted 1/26/2013 8:05:53 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
Personally, I don't mind too much if they just kept nerfing all the exploits. But, as long as they keep dishing out crappy raid bosses, I'll be against it.

None of the exploits are required to beat any of the raid bosses Solo or in a team. There's also the fact that raid bosses are completely optional and they do not effect the players experience of any of the other content.

Just so that I have a clear understanding, are all the raid bosses in normal mode level 50, or are they ~30?

I haven't tried the two new raid bosses but Scarlet & Torgue Raid bosses are level 32 on normal.

That's a good start. I remember hearing about that in a previous patch.
If all the raid bosses did that, I'd say that beating them in in TVHM is optional, in that you can beat them in normal and still progress.

Raid bosses are post game content...there is no progress beyond that. Also they are still jacked up and made so that it will require a lot of skill or teamwork to take them down. The level just lowers the max health and damage they can put out.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#15PC28385Posted 1/26/2013 8:13:33 AM
Terra is still 52 on normal.
---
PSN: PSHustla
XBOX LIVE: PC28385 | Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pc28385
#16abombt7Posted 1/26/2013 8:56:27 AM
3CDED posted...

The mention of rainbow six makes me think of the awesomeness that is terrorist hunt.
#17SinisterSynPosted 1/26/2013 9:23:54 AM(edited)
I think they should create an entirely different server or game mode, if possible. One that would negate the need for anyone to bother 'cheating' in regular games. For instance, if there was an OP server of some sort where it was permanent god mode, then people that want to play that way can just go there, since that's obviously what they are going for by doing things such as the invincibility and evil smasher glitch anyways. There could be infinite ammo, no way you could die, amped up damage, whatever.

However, I don't know that this would solve anything, since some of these people probably like feeling "superior" to the other players because of the damage they can do over everyone else, so it may not be enough to keep everyone happy 100%. And if they made a choice like that, then they should probably disable achievements/challenges, balance drop rates, etc., which may also deter people from using that game option and just glitch on the normal one.

There really is no pleasing everyone in a game such as this, as there will always be modders/glitchers. No sooner than the Bee being patched did we have a few new options almost right away to make people do insane amounts of damage. So even after nerfing these things, I'm sure there will be a new 'craze' soon enough, so it all does begin to become a bit futile and never ending. =/