LV50 Damage output, Orange vs Blue

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. LV50 Damage output, Orange vs Blue

User Info: enabler118

4 years ago#1
I'm wondering if Legendaries are naturally better than unique blues at level 50 in terms of raw damage? I ask because I have a lv 48 Blockhead that kills the lv 50 legendaries that I have. examples below, vs LV48 Target Practice in Sanctuary.

Royal Blockhead (48)
3720*9 (33480) (+50crit, but shouldnt matter on torso shots)
Torso (no Bee): 108K-158K
Torso (with Bee)L 1028K
Head (no Bee): ~199K-258K
Head (with Bee): 1175K-1306K

Practicable Conference Call (50)
5463*7 (38241)
Torso (no Bee): 55296
Torso (with Bee): 120k-140K
Head (no Bee): 87715-103K
Head (with Bee): 267K

I'd definitely like to look at this in more detail, like with a lv50 blockhead vs Lv50 Heart breaker, or 50 Teapot vs 50 Hornet. (I have none of these)

Thoughts? Have any of you guys found a non-Legendary that whoops a legendary's ass?

User Info: Panopictonguy

4 years ago#2
So It's rarity vs rarity and not manufacturer vs manufacture? One you're comparing a Hyperion gun to a Tediore gun. Second you're comparing a non elemental gun to a fire element gun. The dummy is flesh so fire does double damage. On top of the special projectiles exploding on impact dealing something like an additional 80% damage per pellet.

Colors = rarity not power. The rarer the gun the more crazy the gimmick. It's not necessarily a power increase over other weapons.

Also a conference call wouldn't be able to hit that dummy with every single pellet so you're not even seeing the full damage potential.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: enabler118

4 years ago#3
cool, thanks! really good info, I didn't even think about some of that.

User Info: xHuckleberry

4 years ago#4
White and greens always seem to be weaker in my game. You can get blues and such with higher damage, compared to say a purple. But a perfect white gun doesnt compare to a perfect purple.

Basically, a crappy blue can be worse than a perfect green.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. LV50 Damage output, Orange vs Blue

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived