which is better catalyst mod or zapper?

#1jordoneus121Posted 1/26/2013 2:57:04 PM
i have an electric buidl for my my but need a class mod specifically for this. would a zapper mod be more beneficial or a catalyst mod? correct me if im wrong but the most elec dmg boost a zapper can give is 25 or 26% while a catalyst gives around 40% to all ele dmg. so would i be btr off with a catalyst mod?
---
"One of my hardest parts of my job is to console family members who have lost their lives" - George Bush
Gamertag: jordoneus121
#2jordoneus121(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:21:42 PM
opinions?
---
"One of my hardest parts of my job is to console family members who have lost their lives" - George Bush
#3jordoneus121(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:33:41 PM
has anyone used these mods and has a preference? i dont have either or id tr5y them out i just want an idea of which i should try to get. im not LF these just LF opinions on them
---
#4SinisterSynPosted 1/26/2013 10:03:46 PM
I don't think that you could go wrong with either. You can pretty much just go by which skills you value more. Catalyst (Evil Enchantress & Shock Storm) or Zapper (More Pep or Electrical Burn). I believe the reason for the percentage difference is due to the fact that the Catalyst affects the elemental damage over time (DoT) as opposed to the direct damage, which the Zapper does by increasing Shock damage. Or so it would seem by the descriptions, but I could be wrong.

Shock isn't known for its great DoT abilities since it has a shorter duration than the other elements, but I suppose some extra DoT when it does proc isn't bad. I still go with the Catalyst usually since it helps the entire team. But if I were solo, I might just go for the Zapper, since I do like Electrical Burn over both of the skills that Catalyst raises, but I'm pretty much meh when it comes to More Pep. But the raise in elemental DoT could obviously come in handy with Electrical Burn since it should raise the fire DoT damage as well, when it happens, so another reason that the Catalyst and maybe Evil Enchantress would be good to have.

Your call, just pick one that has better 'synergy' with the skills you like to use. And obviously I didn't mention Wires Don't Talk as you should be maxing that out either way with these two mods, so doesn't matter.
#5PanopictonguyPosted 1/26/2013 10:04:31 PM
Wired Catalyst because the team elemental damage effect is increases electrical damage more than the zapper mod on top of Wires don't talk further increasing it.

You can easily test on the target in Marcus' shop.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#6davinthegreat98Posted 1/26/2013 10:34:07 PM
Ionized Catalyst mod is easily the best.

+40%+ Team Elemental Effect Damage

4+ Wires Don't Talk
5+ Shock Storm
4+ Evil Enchantress
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#7StormWolf12Posted 1/27/2013 12:13:49 AM
davinthegreat98 posted...
Ionized Catalyst mod is easily the best.

+40%+ Team Elemental Effect Damage

4+ Wires Don't Talk
5+ Shock Storm
4+ Evil Enchantress

Well, that's wrong.