Will I have to redownload the compatability pack each time a new DLC comes out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Will I have to redownload the compatability pack each time a new DLC comes out?

User Info: EddMario

EddMario
3 years ago#1
Because ever since the Sir Hammerlock DLC came out, I keep getting the message to download the compatability pack when I start up the game, and yet I have it on the flash drive I have my gamertag/profile on.

Also, I can't access any of the DLC at all unless I redownload it, save for the Gearbox weapons and the artifact gotten from the Mechromancer Pack

Note: The message stopped appearing and the DLC started working again once I redownloaded it.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

User Info: Mysticman89

Mysticman89
3 years ago#2
The compatibility pack gets updated each time a new dlc comes out in order to make it actually work with the new dlc, so you'd need to download the new version each time a new dlc comes out.

User Info: diablogamer

diablogamer
3 years ago#3
Yep every time new dlc is released you have to download it again.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein

User Info: EddMario

EddMario
3 years ago#4
Well that just pisses me off...
Probably would have been better to just have it be a patch
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

User Info: Seiichi Omori

Seiichi Omori
3 years ago#5
im sure those 10 minutes downloading the pack could be used for something more productive
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4556/epicellipses.jpg

User Info: diablogamer

diablogamer
3 years ago#6
Microsoft and Sony charge thousands to patch games so maybe this is gearboxs way of getting around that. I agree a patch wouldve made more sense.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Will I have to redownload the compatability pack each time a new DLC comes out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived