PSA: trade duping is not a thing.

#41n3rd_n_outPosted 1/26/2013 7:53:43 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duping_(gaming)

Seriously not trying to add fuel but...

Everything I read on that wiki was related to MMORPGs. You might consider this a MMO, but by no means is it economy driven. With how easy it is to acquire with and without cheating. Currency is pretty much a non concern save for torque coins, and seraph crystals.

TL DR: IMO "Duping" it that context does not relate to "duping" in Borderlands
#42Kpt_Kapowski(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:56:57 PM
WonTontheFat posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
You are either trading, or duping. By definition, the terms are mutually exclusive.

For example, if someone dupes you their collection and you do the same, it is not a trade dupe, as nothing is lost by either party, and therefore there is no trade. It is just duping.

The purpose of this thread is to point out that "trade duping" is a contradiction in terms, and that if you wanna dupe, just do it. Don't try to legitimize it by calling it something else.

First point:
Player A and Player B each have items the other wants. Player A duplicates his items for Player B. Player B then duplicates his items for Player A. Both trading and duplicating have occurred. Items were duplicated; time was traded.

If the community refers to an action in such a way that other members of the community understand what is happening, it doesn't matter to anyone what those terms are as long as the action is understood (except grammar-nazis or people so inept at communicating that they have to resort to semantic arguments). The action could be called "sleeping" even though it has nothing to do with actually sleeping as long as people understand the reference.

Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Note: contrary to popular belief, I don't really care about duping. Sure, I personally consider it cheating, and think it completely defeats the point of the game, but that is irrelevant to this thread.

Second point:
For someone who doesn't really care about duping, you spend A LOT of time arguing about it. Not only do you have multiple posts just in this thread, but almost every post I have seen from you is about duping.

Whatever you say, random.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#43JacquardPosted 1/26/2013 8:03:36 PM
Degenerating into name calling does not a topic make. Good luck to everyone in their travels.
#44Kylebe515Posted 1/26/2013 8:20:03 PM
These topics are slightly more interesting than the average LF thread.
I love how if you don't agree with Kapowski then you are a noob, casual, or random.
#45DreaddNokPosted 1/27/2013 6:14:38 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it, of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

All I'm saying is that after farming a boss for hours, with multiple attempts that go beyond 100+ tries without ANY rare drops, does get to be kind of monotonous. So I guess if someone has actually tried and made an effort, I don't see anything wrong with it.
#46OrgeLambartPosted 1/27/2013 8:09:13 AM
people haven't realized Kpt_Kapowski is a troll by now? He doesn't care about the issue, he just enjoys getting people's jimmies all rustled up.
#47Kpt_Kapowski(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:12:06 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
people haven't realized Kpt_Kapowski is a troll by now? He doesn't care about the issue, he just enjoys getting people's jimmies all rustled up.

calling me a troll does not make it true.
---
#48xHuckleberryPosted 1/27/2013 8:13:18 AM
Hes got a kid now. The trollfather.
#49Kpt_Kapowski(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:28:15 AM
xHuckleberry posted...
Hes got a kid now. The trollfather.

shut up, you neckbeard virgin.
---
#50OrgeLambartPosted 1/27/2013 9:13:59 AM
Huckleberry that was hilarious.