Thoughts on glitching/modding/Evil Smashing

#1deadlyfredPosted 1/26/2013 3:32:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWiyNmSq9iM

I agree completely. Play the game how you want with the people you want. Quit griping about how others play and have some fun. You do NOT have to play with people who play the game in a way you disapprove of.

Having said that: I've played this game legit all the way through to level 50 twice. After that I had someone boost a couple of characters to 50 with one bullet (before the big patch). I've Evil Smashed. I've used infinite ammo, duped entire inventories, used the infinite bank glitch and gone invincible with the help of a Siren.

I've done everything EXCEPT modding. Well...unless you count the guy giving my two characters (who I've since deleted) to level 50 via shooting the firing range dummy at Marcus'

And you know what? I prefer to play legit.

Well... until I encounter total BS bosses like Voracidious and Master Gee. I rocked both of them legit with a full team of four, but it's rare to find a full group of my friends to play with.

In summation: don't be THAT GUY who says "I play this game this way, so you're wrong to play it in the way that you find to be the most entertainment, despite it having absolutely no bearing on me or my game whatsoever."

Because that guy is a douche.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#2ogschoolPosted 1/26/2013 3:34:37 PM
All good if you do not like it leave the game or if you are host kick the person using it.
---
FinalYeti462
#3NateO81Posted 1/26/2013 3:49:05 PM
People are gonna glitch and cheat. Always have always will. I have more of a problem with the devs allowing these glitches to exist. It ruins the integrity of the gameplay experience. And to say "you don't have to play with so and so glitchers is bs". Not everyone has personal friends that play this game so they have to use match making to experience co op. When the community gets wind of a glitch that's all you see in the public matches, its sad.
#4StormWolf12Posted 1/26/2013 3:50:19 PM
Evil smash the orphan maker, ftw
#5Cagle34Posted 1/26/2013 3:54:40 PM
How do you do the target dummy glitch? That sounds like fun lol
---
Who buys PC games? haha
#6Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/26/2013 3:56:39 PM
NateO81 posted...
People are gonna glitch and cheat. Always have always will. I have more of a problem with the devs allowing these glitches to exist. It ruins the integrity of the gameplay experience. And to say "you don't have to play with so and so glitchers is bs". Not everyone has personal friends that play this game so they have to use match making to experience co op. When the community gets wind of a glitch that's all you see in the public matches, its sad.

>new topic
>LF players, no exploits or glitches

Its not hard, bro.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#7Cagle34Posted 1/26/2013 4:02:11 PM
How do you the target dummy glitch that sounds useful
---
Who buys PC games? haha
#8deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:54:19 PM
Cagle34 posted...
How do you the target dummy glitch that sounds useful

It's been patched. It was when someone mods their game save to make themselves an insanely high level. You join their game and they "kill" the dummy, giving you a crap ton of XP.
---
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#9PanopictonguyPosted 1/26/2013 9:51:59 PM
It seems like you have a knack for finding a youth e video to express your opinion. It's so easy to do wrong people feel like It's right. I don't care that people do this crap privately. It bothers me that they do it publicly then try to justify it. It's nice you find ways to amuse yorself after hundreds of hours and being bored with the game, but is it really necessary to go online to amuse yourself with these things.

For the people that will inevitably respond " how does what I do privately offline with my brother/sister/cousin/mother where nobody can see me effect you?" Please READ THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU. Stop with the unnecessary guilt.

This is for the people that have some uncontrollable urge to exploit ONLINE. People that feel like righteous Paladins of the internet passing out all the loot that the evil gearbox keeps from us. Pretending you wanna help people when in reality all you want is friends. People won't admit that though. But they go ape **** when a guy doesn't say thank you or doesn't ask for the things that "have no value" politely. If you're sole source of joy is giving people stuff don't complain about how they ask for stuff. Not to mention you created these new players who want a conference call but don't know who Handsome Jack is.

This makes me think of the Dark Souls vets who put hundreds of hours into that game and won't admit to boredom and move on. Instead they linger around spending hours making these very specific low level builds all for the sake of tormenting new comers in The Undead Burg.

Nobody would care what you all did If you didn't build an obsession an cult following around your exploits ONLINE. Most of the online community revolves around duping and exploits. People don't even know basic strategies and how to overcome slight challenges, but they know how smash an infinity.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#10deadlyfred(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:13:00 AM
That guy.
---