Favorite sniper type

#1corporaltacoPosted 1/27/2013 7:26:44 AM
What is your personal favorite? Do you like slow fire with high damage, or Rapid fire lower damage? For me it's all about fully automatic snipers, thier basically highly precise Assult rifles, I've got one on my axton, along with an E-tech shotgun that shots three fireballs, soloing has never been such fun.
#2killbot357Posted 1/27/2013 7:27:12 AM
Slow fire, high damage. Jakobs sniper rifles almost exclusively.
---
Currently playing: The Cave, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
#3xHuckleberryPosted 1/27/2013 7:30:51 AM
Scopeless sniper rifles. Which are all jakobs.
#4corporaltaco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:35:37 AM
xHuckleberry posted...

Seriously? I can't tolerate iron sights on a sniper. I need the scope, something about the gun being in the view makes it hard for me to aim properly. I might make to pick up the next one I find and toy with it a little.
#5xHuckleberryPosted 1/27/2013 7:41:12 AM
corporaltaco posted...
xHuckleberry posted...

Seriously? I can't tolerate iron sights on a sniper. I need the scope, something about the gun being in the view makes it hard for me to aim properly. I might make to pick up the next one I find and toy with it a little.

It does take some time to get it down, but as long as you dont just snipe from a far off mountain top or something, scopeless is faster at getting kills.

Buffalo has the best iron sights. Put the head in the middle of the iron and let go. Theyre dead!
#6corporaltaco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:51:54 AM
xHuckleberry posted...
corporaltaco posted...
xHuckleberry posted...

It does take some time to get it down, but as long as you dont just snipe from a far off mountain top or something, scopeless is faster at getting kills.

Buffalo has the best iron sights. Put the head in the middle of the iron and let go. Theyre dead!

I love the guns in this game, every weapon I've used has felt a little different from the others. They all have their own personality. I remeber the first time I did the Doc Mercy quest, I fell in love with E-tech, and then it got taken away from me lol. Luckily right after that I opened the golden key chest and out popped my E-tech shotgun!
#7dankbudPosted 1/27/2013 12:18:41 PM
1. Jakobs
2. Vladof
3. Dahl
4. Maliwan
5. Hyperion

I think those are the only sniper makers
#8resealablePosted 1/27/2013 12:30:04 PM
killbot357 posted...
Slow fire, high damage. Jakobs sniper rifles almost exclusively.

....When you say slow, how slow we talking? I can't stand anything under a 5
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#9EVILESTIZUMIPosted 1/27/2013 1:05:42 PM
1.-Maliwan
2.-Hyperion
3.-Jakobs
4,.Vladof
5.-Dahl

I love the elemental snipers, i carry one of each element almost at all times, but they have to have a fire rate between 1.2 and 1.8, and a magazine size of at least 6, don't like automatics because of the low damage and the high ammo consumption, specially dahl, sonce shots tend to get wasted in the burst due to recoil, even if i pull out of the zoom.

Just miss mt BL1 cobra, was my main weapon with mordy, and i haven't managed to get one in torgue's dlc. (on a side note i also miss the Pestilent Defiler and my Dove-Hornet, altough my caustic infinity is almost the same thing).
---
PKMNDiamond: KURONO- FC:0387 5358 6019 JUS FC:2835-6906-6025
MMSFDragon FC:0258-8321-8459 MMSFNinja FC:1075-2242-8934
#10Aceofblades2k2Posted 1/27/2013 7:35:06 PM
E-Tech Vladofs are awesome. I also like the Vladoff non e-techs, with elemental damage.

Seriously, Vladof really stepped it up in this game. This may be b/c I am a gunzerker tho, I would probably like a more slow and highpower sniper if I were playing zero.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp