Why do people ask for weapons without anything to offers.

#11PanopictonguyPosted 1/27/2013 11:30:57 AM
They're asking people for things who aren't giving up anything. Therefore it makes them feel entitled to these things. It's not like anyone is losing anything.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#12PensatoPosted 1/27/2013 11:38:21 AM
Because most people just dup, so there's no real loss to the person "giving" the item. So there's no need to real trading.

If you prefer real trading, there are communities for this. You can find them on gearbox's official forums. I've traded with a lot of the guys there and it's been a good experience.
#13_henry14_Posted 1/27/2013 11:55:06 AM
because despite the trolling, this is actually a decent board where we help eachother out. ive helped loads of people and have been helped in return. another great board is the dragons dogma one. most helpful board ive ever been on
---
GAMERTAG:v ACE RIMMER v
#14deadlyfredPosted 1/27/2013 12:01:27 PM
_henry14_ posted...
because despite the trolling, this is actually a decent board where we help eachother out. ive helped loads of people and have been helped in return. another great board is the dragons dogma one. most helpful board ive ever been on

Yes, as long as you don't mind three or four frequent posters on here who will insult you for offering help. They will call you Snake, Casual and often claim that you can't read (while possessing the grammar of a mentally disabled aardvark with a broken typing hand).
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#15thatguy181Posted 1/27/2013 12:36:00 PM
deadlyfred posted...
Probably because I can literally give you my entire inventory and still retain all those items for myself.

Pretty much this. You never give anyone anything but a copy of your gear. There's no value to any piece of gear because the game allows for such easy duping.

Seriously, I wouldn't expect much more than a "Thanks" if someone wanted something I happened to have.
#16longnutsPosted 1/27/2013 12:52:25 PM
Seriously... I've done almost everything in this game. I hop on to hang out with friends and randomly shoot things.

If I'm just chillin and somebody on here asks for something, what trouble is it for me to hop in their game and spit it out to them and be on my way? I've made lots of xbl friends that way.

And I've got all the weapons I need, so I don't need anything in return.
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx
#17Groves22Posted 1/27/2013 3:28:37 PM
someone gave me weapons to help... I now enter random games and dump my inventory... all legendary level 50 items... and leave.
#18vega2505Posted 1/27/2013 4:19:42 PM
CoolBeansAvl posted...
Because it's easy to dupe.

This...do people even legitimately trade?
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.