Any tips on Pyro or Hyperious solo?

#1Irradiated_LakePosted 1/27/2013 12:59:09 PM
Trying to kill pyro, but his fire and corrosive combo eats my health fast.
Hyperious is easy until he does that shockwave bull.
I could use a friend, just throwing that out their.

GT: Irradiated Lake
#2deadlyfredPosted 1/27/2013 1:03:36 PM
There's a way to get yourself up on the ledge at Pyro's and you can avoid the attacks, pop out and shoot him.

Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJKEYLy5OrA
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#3deadlyfredPosted 1/27/2013 1:05:01 PM
For Hyperious there's a little column on the left when you first enter that you can hide behind to avoid his first blast. It's not perfect, but can be used effectively to defeat him if you spec out right.

Evolution shield is helpful too.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 1/27/2013 1:07:13 PM(edited)
The big boom blaster shield is nice for pete. The DoT means you will spit out boosters like crazy. Unlimited lanucher ammo and grenades. Also slag effects pete. Use it.

The evolution shield or neogenator really help with pete elemental attacks if you want to go that route
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5xHuckleberryPosted 1/27/2013 1:09:06 PM
Moxxi weapons have healing properties, the rubi has the highest percent of them all.

Any level rubi will work, as long as you have it in your hand...just toss a telsa grenade soak up all that health. So with pete, as soon as you see him getting ready to do his AOE, switch to a rubi/moxxi weapon and run towards the sewer and wash off.

Hyperious has a pattern, and there are ways to avoid them legitly. I'd suggest going to the GBX forums for a better explanation on pretty much everything you want to know.
#6Irradiated_Lake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:19:58 PM
Ooohhhh that would've been very helpful too know, no one told me you could wash it off. I have the slow hand with the triple shot, fire. His shields are no problem he just eats me away.
#7xHuckleberryPosted 1/27/2013 1:22:21 PM
Irradiated_Lake posted...
Ooohhhh that would've been very helpful too know, no one told me you could wash it off. I have the slow hand with the triple shot, fire. His shields are no problem he just eats me away.

They glow with a green color. Once you first drop you down, you can see the sewers(waterfalls), once you summon Pete, they stop flowing. Once youre corroded or on fire, hit the valve and get under the water fast and be carefuly, spiderants or a type of trash mob spawns along with the water, so tossing a telsa nade or something helps take them out with ease.
#8resealablePosted 1/27/2013 1:24:48 PM
Use rubi properly and you won't need to wash it off.
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#9Irradiated_Lake(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 1:35:51 PM
I got him. I used the slow hand instead, only because I don't have the Rubi. I washed, I also used the exploit too, however it took considerably longer to kill him.
#10FictionerPosted 1/27/2013 10:40:40 PM
How is holding ruby negate the shock waves of Pete?
---
GT: Mr Scrub