Just got this game, but cannot join a friend's game. Any ideas?

#1The PopoPosted 1/27/2013 6:35:04 PM
Me and 2 other friends all started the game today. They are at level 4, I am level 2. I am trying to join their game, but constantly get a connection failed message (The connection to the host failed. You cannot joint the game session.). I downloaded the compatibility pack (as did they), so that shouldn't be the issue. Also, in my solo game, I just got Clap Trap's eye reinstalled, if that makes a difference. Any advice?
---
Live action Hungry Hungry Hippos though, now that was a sport. ~Aeon Azuran
#2darkmaste155Posted 1/27/2013 6:42:24 PM
I had something similar happen recently. I'm going to assume they have multiple characters so I may be wrong. They may have gotten some of the dlc heads for their characters on their other characters. If they have the dlc heads on and you don't have the dlcs, you will not be able to join them and you will be kicked out of any game they try to join into as your xbox cannot find the data to create them.

All they would have to do is never have the dlc heads on when you play with them and never look at it in the um...head changer (forgot the name). This is what happened to me and the compatiblity pack doesn't solve this. As long as I dont have a dlc head on I can play with my friend just fine.

If there is something else wrong I can't think of anything since this is the only thing that has happened to me.

I hope this is all thats wrong and wish you a happy time with your friends.
---
I know and see all
#3deadlyfredPosted 1/27/2013 6:44:13 PM
On the main screen do you see their game listed?

If not they might have the game in offline mode.

If you do see their game and you can't simply join by clicking on their names and choosing "join" then they might have it set to invite only. Ask one of them to invite u to the game.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#4The Popo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 6:51:29 PM
Hmmm, they don't have any DLC, other than the compatibility pack (as do I). My Network Options are set to "Xbox Live Friends Only", as are theirs. I have tried joining their games, both with invites & without, and and they have tried joining mine both with invites and without. They can join each other's games - I'm the odd one out at the moment.
---
#5deadlyfredPosted 1/27/2013 6:58:36 PM
The Popo posted...
Hmmm, they don't have any DLC, other than the compatibility pack (as do I). My Network Options are set to "Xbox Live Friends Only", as are theirs. I have tried joining their games, both with invites & without, and and they have tried joining mine both with invites and without. They can join each other's games - I'm the odd one out at the moment.

I'll be on in 5 minutes. We can experiment with settings and get u on. Are u able to join their party/chat? Send messages? Send one to my GT (see sig)
---
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#6The Popo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:11:07 PM
Actually, I just noticed that Party/Chat options are not working for me as well. Odd. I reset my modem & router, rebooted my system, and am currently redownloading the Compatibility Pack. Well see if any of this works in just a sec...
---
#7The Popo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:12:24 PM
And I was playing Street Fighter 4 online earlier today without any issues - it all started just with this last session and Borderlands 2, along with the required downloads.
---
#8deadlyfredPosted 1/27/2013 7:36:24 PM
He was able to join my party and game, but not his friends anyone else have suggestions?

Perhaps his friends didn't dl the compatibility pack?
---
#9The Popo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 7:49:51 PM
He was able to join my party and game, but not his friends anyone else have suggestions?

Perhaps his friends didn't dl the compatibility pack?

Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated. I tried again with them, but again, no luck. What I don't understand is that you & I were able to do an XBL Party connection without any problems, but for whatever reason, it isn't working when I try to connect with my friends (yet they can connect with each other). The XBL Party should be entirely independent of Borderlands and the compatibility pack (which they downloaded). I've never had anything like this happen before, very weird...
---
#10stickboy2323Posted 1/27/2013 7:58:08 PM
Are your friends playing on their own systems or are they playing a spilt screen game?
---
Badass Rank: 0