How can people say money is never an issue?

#1iRobotic userPosted 1/28/2013 4:54:19 AM
I've done most of the main game. I've done most of the Captain Scarlett DLC. And I've don't bits of the other two DLC's. I collect weapons and sell them all the time. I'm level 35 now but I still only have, like 112000 credits. And the more credits you have the more it costs you when you die.

What's the deal?
---
white Caucasian
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2724/crphbc.jpg
#2KaBoom1322Posted 1/28/2013 4:56:02 AM
iRobotic user posted...
I've done most of the main game. I've done most of the Captain Scarlett DLC. And I've don't bits of the other two DLC's. I collect weapons and sell them all the time. I'm level 35 now but I still only have, like 112000 credits. And the more credits you have the more it costs you when you die.

What's the deal?

I think you lose 7% of your money each time.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 4:57:30 AM
The only thing you need money for is challenges, ammo, health (rarely), and the occasional decent weapon from vending machines.

Challenges only need doing once. You'll rarely find yourself unable to buy ammo or health. It's uncommon to find higher than green in a vending machine.

As a result, money is rarely needed. Only really worth it if you're hung up on finding a legendary in a vending machine by chance.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4PhilR1Posted 1/28/2013 4:58:18 AM
I'm struggling for cash in Borderlands 2 as well. I remember in Borderlands 1, I got to the stage that I constantly had $999,999 and even when I died, it never got below that figure.

I am level 21 at the moment and only have around $13,000. I've even come across weapons I cannot even afford like the assault rifle cannon.

I also find Borderlands 2 much harder than the first game but this is definitely a bonus.
---
Currently playing Army of Two. Waiting for Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, Army of Two Devils Cartel & Splinter Cell Blacklist
#5AlleRacingPosted 1/28/2013 5:51:23 AM
I'm struggling for cash in Borderlands 2 as well. I remember in Borderlands 1, I got to the stage that I constantly had $999,999 and even when I died, it never got below that figure.

I am level 21 at the moment and only have around $13,000. I've even come across weapons I cannot even afford like the assault rifle cannon.

I also find Borderlands 2 much harder than the first game but this is definitely a bonus.

In Borderlands 1, I had 2.147 billion most of the time. Lost 150 million every time I died.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#6SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 5:55:05 AM
Come to think of it, money does seem a bit scarcer than in the first game. I've not had more than 4M in this game, but in the last, I maxed out at ~10M.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#7malcolm913Posted 1/28/2013 5:56:54 AM
Money was always and issue for me in play through one; it kind of ads fun to the struggle and is also and is a great reason for being a little more cautious in order to stay alive.
#8RinglercorpPosted 1/28/2013 6:12:27 AM
To be honest, the only thing I use money for is to buy ammo and occasionally I'll see a blue or purple item for sale that I will buy for my friends who are lower level. The more money I have, the more it costs me to die.

If you guys in this thread are hurting for money hit me up. If you have a Siren make her dance for me and I will make it rain dolla' bills.

But seriously, I don't mind giving away some cash, assuming I don't get a ton of messages requesting $$$. I won't be online for a few hours (I have to leave for work) but shoot me a message.

GT: Ringlercorp
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.
#9garubladorPosted 1/28/2013 7:29:08 AM
iRobotic user posted...

What's the deal?

That's about what I have and I'm level 36 near the beginning of PT2. I spent a bunch of money upgrading weapons but I haven't actually had money be an issue yet. It's a bit more interesting this way than just having what's effectively infinite money after about level 30 like BL1.
#10longnutsPosted 1/28/2013 9:33:27 AM
One of my weapons mules is holding $93 million. Whenever my pockets feel light I transfer it over. Money isn't a problem in this game.
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx