Is it just me or... (Hammerlock DLC spoilers)

#1Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/28/2013 2:34:30 PM
Is Jackenstein stupidly hard? I'm on TVHM. I didn't really have a problem through the entire DLC like some people were complaining that the mobs were much harder than other DLCs. I didn't have that problem. But now that I got to Jackenstein, I am dying over, and over, and over. I understand the gimmick. I can take down his two back pieces just fine. But then when it comes to the chest, he destroys me. I'm running a full explosive build Axton. I don't have incredibly fancy equips but I have an Impaler shield, Ravager shotty, an explosive AR, some Torgue launcher, and a DP Unkempt Harold. I have an explosive boost relic, a class mod that boosts grenade damage and Steady, and a level 50 Bonus Package. So I mean, I know it's not legendary-city, but like I said I get along in the game just fine.

He's killed me on the chest stage four times. I'm becoming really, really, really disheartened.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#2spfurm01Posted 1/28/2013 2:37:58 PM
Solo he can be a bit rough, although if you're axton the turret can be a good distraction. Just gotta dodge his attacks till he exposes his chest. While explosive damage can damage him while his chest is unexposed, I found that I wasn't really dealing any damage and more often than not the reflective bullets would come back to kill me more than his attacks
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#3stickboy2323Posted 1/28/2013 2:40:23 PM
I had that problem too but then figured out that if you keep your distance he is more likely to go into his attack mode where he exposes his chest. Also, do NOT have your turret out or he will attack it with his melee attack which prevents him from exposing his chest.

Good luck.
---
Badass Rank: 0
#4Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 2:51:51 PM
I'm on try number 7 now. I mean seriously this is past killing my buzz. I'm not even sure I can be bothered to try anymore. I may just switch to Normal and breeze through the DLC just to be able to see the ending.
---
#5MrImpatient35Posted 1/28/2013 3:02:47 PM
I think I remember someone saying that after you destroy the two things on his back, you HAVE to wait for him to expose his chest, or raise his arms, before you can hurt him. Otherwise, he'll reflect your bullets back at you. That's what I did. He exposed his chest twice, and I WRECKED him both times! I can shoot extremely fast with my Mechromancer.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#6PanopictonguyPosted 1/28/2013 3:03:32 PM
Yeah I had to fight him my first time as the siren. My first 5 deaths were because I couldn't figure out how to damage him and bullets would ricochet and kill me.

The next few were because I was having trouble evading the balls of death and.shootin his chest.

Your beat bet is to save your turret for when he tries to use his lightning ball volley. Throw it out so he focuses on the turret. Immediately hammer hos chest the doors should get destroyed leaving him permanently exposed and stopping his volley, from there just try to land hits until he's dead.

O literally had to dance around and pray I I didn't get hit by the lightning balls.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#7St0ve1Posted 1/28/2013 3:07:21 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
I'm on try number 7 now. I mean seriously this is past killing my buzz. I'm not even sure I can be bothered to try anymore. I may just switch to Normal and breeze through the DLC just to be able to see the ending.

ha your complaining about 7 tries? Dark souls has caused me to PRAISE only dyeing 7 times
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#8Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:19:47 PM
Finally killed him. Weakened his chest with some Unkempt Harold shots with my turret out (cause I do more damage with my turret out), but I still wasn't doing much. Got him to the point where his chest was sparkling with electricity constantly, and I kited him around the area until he opened his chest again. Popped the turret down and shot him a few more times but was really displeased with the kinds of damage I was doing, because I couldn't get close enough to hit all the pellets on him. So, round comes another time he stands up and shoots his electric balls at me. I pop my turret down real quick, switch to my launcher, and I must have nailed him right in his crit spot because BAM, DEAD.

ha your complaining about 7 tries? Dark souls has caused me to PRAISE only dyeing 7 times

This isn't Dark Souls. Don't compare apples to oranges, mate.
---
#9PanopictonguyPosted 1/28/2013 3:54:35 PM
Finally killed him. Weakened his chest with some Unkempt Harold shots with my turret out (cause I do more damage with my turret out), but I still wasn't doing much. Got him to the point where his chest was sparkling with electricity constantly, and I kited him around the area until he opened his chest again. Popped the turret down and shot him a few more times but was really displeased with the kinds of damage I was doing, because I couldn't get close enough to hit all the pellets on him. So, round comes another time he stands up and shoots his electric balls at me. I pop my turret down real quick, switch to my launcher, and I must have nailed him right in his crit spot because BAM, DEAD.

Yeah, that fight has a real go hard or go home vibe. Of you're really timid you'll die eventually. On my last attempt I was just like **** it! One of us is gonna die and charges in guns blazing.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.