When farming legendary's do they level to the boss or to you?

#1PLCDPosted 1/28/2013 3:09:46 PM
I was level 22 and farming for the maggie. When I got it it was a 16. Now will it always be around that level on my first playthrough? Like if I go back at 30 will I still get a 16 maggie? If I kill that first bullymong boss back in stage one to farm his legendary will it be around level 1 if I am on my first play through? Thanks.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#2TsurukePosted 1/28/2013 3:11:44 PM
They scale with the enemies level unless you are on Playthrough 2.5
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#3JacquardPosted 1/28/2013 3:14:31 PM(edited)
Yes, to all your questions, except the one in the title.
#4PLCD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:31:00 PM
Damn so matter what I wont be able to get a legendary closer to my level against these early bosses on my first play through? Hmm. Alright, thanks fellas.
---
#5VegetallPosted 1/28/2013 3:36:47 PM
unless your taking it super slow or grinding out exp (which isnt smart) the enimes will eventally catch up to you....but you really dont want to farm till 50 anyways...though its nice to have some low lvl ledgenaries for other characters.....its not nesseary...
#6Desmond_BruthaPosted 1/28/2013 3:50:22 PM
There will be plenty of none level 50 awesome rare guns you will come across in your travels friend, A lot of them better than legendaries anyway.
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 3:52:37 PM
Vegetall posted...
unless your taking it super slow or grinding out exp (which isnt smart) the enimes will eventally catch up to you....but you really dont want to farm till 50 anyways...though its nice to have some low lvl ledgenaries for other characters.....its not nesseary...

True, but it can be fun.
I'm considering getting some torgue tokens for a level 28 nukem or bonus package.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#8captain_tylorPosted 1/28/2013 3:54:07 PM
Farming legendaries before 50 level is mostly pointless.
#9PLCD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:57:34 PM
I have muliple characters I am playing right now between level 10-25. I wanted a few legendary guns to kick ass with, I wasn't going to get the, all but a few things to help greatly along the way. I lucked into an infinity at level 13 which was a big help for over 10 levels. The Maggie is just kicking ass right now even though its' only a 16 or 17. I had planned to get 4-5 good legendary weapons through levels 22 until I beat the game so I will always have some special items for my characters coming up.
---
#10captain_tylorPosted 1/28/2013 4:03:01 PM
Btw, bossess have MUCH better chance to drop legendaries when you kill them by quest. Like 10 times better or so. May be 100 times in some cases (Infinity).