A Question of Gee

#1R0880Posted 1/28/2013 5:00:52 PM
Would Gee be a good boss fight if his health was reasonable? - Results (57 votes)
Yes! Relying on debuffs alone is infuriating and takes ages! I'd welcome a more mixed fight.
38.6% (22 votes)
No! Gimmicks like this are stupid and don't belong in BL2!
47.37% (27 votes)
Other - please explain.
14.04% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As some probably know, Gee can actually take bullet damage! Yup, once his shield goes your CCs, Harolds, whatever CAN actually damage him. Despite this, he has almost 1 billion (!!!) hit points (apparently, I couldn't find actual confirmation) so the fight isn't swayed by regular bullet damage.

So I tried a test. I smashed an Infinity to 205 and went into the fight. Once his shields went down, I continued to get the debuffs on him whilst also shooting him with the Infinity. Fight took maybe 3 minutes. But it felt so much different, actually being able to do noticeable bullet damage to him.

I ask, because I like the idea of something other than a dps race (hello Voracidious and Hyperious to a lesser extent) and I think fights with unique elements (Gee's debuffs, Pete's valves) can be great if done right, and more are needed. I also felt like doing a poll :D

What'chu think?
#2VegetallPosted 1/28/2013 5:02:59 PM
its just a boring fight with no exiting reward...having to kite him and run around gets old real quick and the freezing just turn ALOT of ppl off the fight all togther... AND there are way easier raid bosses...
#3R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:06:46 PM
My point was that if his health was much lower the debuff element would only be a part of the fight instead of its entirety whilst the threat of acid pools and debuffs would remain. I'd like more fights with unique situations, instead of just shoot X spot or DPS race.

Since the release of Scarlett I'm honestly surprised they haven't addressed his HP at all.
#4TsurukePosted 1/28/2013 5:07:25 PM
I personally liked the Challenge Gee brought to the table. 1-day fight limit not so much.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#5R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:11:13 PM
Also, just wanted to say that the possible rewards of the boss are kinda irrelevant in discussing the nature of the fight itself. By that logic Terra and Hyperious are both terrible bosses :D

But yea, the removal of the timer, seemingly forever now, was a great decision. Or rather a correction of a great mistake.
#6bkblakeyPosted 1/28/2013 5:46:24 PM
gee is a good boss fight the way he is. if I could change one thing it would be the loot he drops. he should drop much more and much more awesome loot.
#7R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 4:42:58 AM
Bump! Poll results are pretty close so far!
#8fakesnoop77Posted 1/29/2013 4:55:54 AM
Gee is really easy if you play as Zer0

As soon as the fight starts, circle/strafe around him until a worm pops up. Kill the worm and run towards his corrosive hole in the ground and jump over it.

Immediately turn around and deploy Deception right over the hole. Gee will attack your hologram and soak up the corrosion in the process.

At this point he will start shooting at you and throw his axe. Put some distance between Zer0 and him in order to avoid projectiles.

Another worm will pop up. Repeat above pattern until he dies. It's a long fight but not exactly hard. Just time consuming when solo
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#9R0880(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:08:45 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...

As soon as the fight starts, circle/strafe around him until a worm pops up. Kill the worm and run towards his corrosive hole in the ground and jump over it.

Immediately turn around and deploy Deception right over the hole. Gee will attack your hologram and soak up the corrosion in the process.

At this point he will start shooting at you and throw his axe. Put some distance between Zer0 and him in order to avoid projectiles.

Another worm will pop up. Repeat above pattern until he dies. It's a long fight but not exactly hard. Just time consuming when solo

You're right, but the topic isn't about difficulty.
#10fakesnoop77Posted 1/29/2013 5:19:26 AM
R0880 posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...

You're right, but the topic isn't about difficulty.

Well the question is about his health being reasonable. I believe it is as it's all about tactics with Gee hence why I posted the above. Therefore in my opinion, it is about difficulty
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.