A genuine question for people who dupe and/or powerlevel

#1Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/28/2013 6:03:44 PM
This is not an opinion topic. This is not a topic about the morality of it; it's not a "I'm better than you" topic. This is not a topic about if it is or is not ruining the game. This is not a topic for those discussions. Please do not bring that war here as it can be waged just as easily in another topic.

I have a genuine question for people that receive duped weapons, especially in large quantities or the best-of-the-best, and/or receive powerleveling from others.

For me, personally, probably the most fun of this game is leveling up, and getting better weapons. The over-the-top action, the hilarious dialogue, the myriad of monsters are all good, but nothing quite lives up to the feeling of opening a chest or rolling over an item that just spewed from a boss and seeing that it's better than the one I have now, or watching my exp bar go up, up, up until finally... ding! Having played my level 50 Axton for so long was tolerable because for a long time because I could look for certain legendaries I wanted, but now I have most that I want and I'm capped out. I'm losing my interest in that character, but I'm fine with that after the multitude of hours I pumped into this guy.

My genuine question for you guys is what kind of pleasure do you get out of your game when you are rushed to such an overpowering level, and have all the best stuff given to you?

Again, I am sure I will be accused of trying to subtly troll dupers and the like, but I assure you I am not. I've had more than my fair share of things to say on the matter, and now I'm just curious as to what you get out of the game. As I said, now that I have everything I want and am at max level, the gameplay for that character is becoming very dull, very fast. Of course, I have other characters I can switch to and then all is well - but do you guys truly love shooting stuff in the face with little to no challenge so much that the journey to being that overpowered doesn't interest you?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#2GuitarshredderzPosted 1/28/2013 6:16:35 PM
I mostly dupe to share between everyone who im playing with if something pops up. Sure ive got lots of duped guns from people, but i still go for my own legendaries. Havent gotten bored with this game yet and ive played through gunzerker, axton, and zero to lvl 50. Maybe im a bad example cause i really just like blowin sh*t up. If u have 4 people though legendary guns help but some bad*ss enemies are still going to kick ur a**, as long as u dont use exploits obviously.
---
Gt: GuitarShredderz
#3ChicagoTed_Posted 1/28/2013 6:24:48 PM(edited)
I don't derive any pleasure from getting duped guns. I ask for dupes because I feel vindicated receiving a level 50 gun, after having farmed for hours, where the game gives me numerous level 48-49 versions.

More often than it should, I get excited over seeing that orange drop, then my excitement quickly turns to bitter disappointment. There's no reason, when I'm level 50 and farming a level 50+ mob, for the RNG to cheat me out of hours of my time by giving me a level 48-49 gun. If this mechanic were not in the game, I'd farm my level 50 gun and be done with it. Needless to say, any guns I own that are duped were a result of my disappointment after farming the gun myself.

I haven't power-leveled yet, but after building three characters (Axton, Maya, Gaige) to level 50, I have very little desire to play through the story again. I have next to no interest in Zero or Salvador, but if I did, I wouldn't want to take that amount of time to level a character I barely cared about. Even if a new DLC character came out that I liked, I still wouldn't feel like sludging through the story a seventh and eighth time.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#4BillyThePriestPosted 1/28/2013 6:25:00 PM
For me I just generally enjoy killing things. Lol. Like the legendaries honestly don't make the game a whole lot easier, so I dupe and trade to get some legendaries to kill more things. The whole combat, questing, and multiplayer thing is fun to me. I just love seeing the screen to wild and just everyone fighting everything. What I don't like is that evil smasher exploit. That just overpowers everything way too much for my liking, then I can't kill anything myself. Lol
#5JacquardPosted 1/28/2013 6:35:12 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
For me, personally, probably the most fun of this game is . . . .

I believe you have stumbled upon the answer. The most fun anyone of us has derived from the game is dependent on how we, personally, want to play it. It is not dependent on what anyone else thinks.
#6Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:37:13 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
For me, personally, probably the most fun of this game is . . . .

I believe you have stumbled upon the answer. The most fun anyone of us has derived from the game is dependent on how we, personally, want to play it. It is not dependent on what anyone else thinks.

Hence the entire reason I'm asking this and trying to be as nice as possible about it.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#7SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 6:41:22 PM
I don't powerlevel, and I only get duped stuff when I'm after something specific, as I dislike farming.

For example... I've no plans to farm for an infinity. We all know what a great drop rate that thing has.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#8deadlyfredPosted 1/28/2013 6:43:15 PM
Well I've done it all and I can honestly say that I prefer to play completely legit... EXCEPT when it comes to raid bosses like Gee and Voracidious. Guys that kill you instantly takes the fun out of it.

You can strategize all you want, but best case scenario with Gee (for instance) is an insanely long fight for almost no reward.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#9capnovanPosted 1/28/2013 6:45:54 PM
Here's a question for you. I am being sincere, as your's isn't the first time this question has been posed.

Why does it matter?

If you have fun playing the game your way and others have fun playing the game differently, why does it matter?
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#10n0dnaPosted 1/28/2013 6:46:23 PM
The only gear I have asked for dupes of is for specific glitches to get past the raid bosses.

I'll say it, fine, I HATE the raid bosses. To me they're not fun, the crystal gear is useless to the way I enjoy playing, and except for Terra, all of the raid bosses are going to be unbeatable to me playing through legit in 2.5.

I farmed a Bee, and duped a CC for Terra. Used the map glitch to kill Pete. I borrowed a babymaker and relic to kill Hyp. Gee is a gimmick boss at best.

Haven't found a good way to get Veracidous yet.

But honestly, I'm using legit gear that I found for everything else.

I enjoy playing the game. I die all the time. I like to be able to hold my own, or close to it. I'm holding onto some gear I've found in case a friend wants it, but I'm not using any of the 0-Day gear after I do the corner case they're overpowered for.

That's how I enjoy playing. When the game has components that I don't enjoy, I work around them. Then I go back to playing how I enjoy playing.