A genuine question for people who dupe and/or powerlevel

#21PanopictonguyPosted 1/28/2013 6:34:40 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...
The problem with rewards from raid bosses is that they're only suitable for getting gear that will allow you to kill raid bosses faster.

This is a looter. What did you expect?

Fewer raid bosses, or better rewards from them, at least. Less looting to be done when you're stuck in a room for half an hour fighting the same guy.

Yeah in WRPG's super bosses are there for an ultimate challenge

In JRPG's super secret ultimate bosses give you Ultimate rewards, but after you beat them there's nothing to use it on..>_>
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#22TrazielPosted 1/28/2013 6:37:38 PM
I've never duped, but it's not rare that while I'm game hopping online people tend to give me random stuff.

I don't ask questions, I just accept and keep playing.

It's usually fire elemental, which I have too much of. That's my biggest gripe. Haha.
---
Gamertag: LaGrimm
Now Playing: Borderlands 2
#23kiwimyweeweePosted 1/28/2013 6:39:03 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
The problem with rewards from raid bosses is that they're only suitable for getting gear that will allow you to kill raid bosses faster.

Fewer raid bosses, or better rewards from them, at least. Less looting to be done when you're stuck in a room for half an hour fighting the same guy.

Wouldn't the better rewards still kill the raid bosses faster? It's kinda the concept of every loot game I have ever played. Kill hunter hellquist, get a bee, kill hunter hellquist faster. Kill things, get better gear, kill things faster, get even better gear, become demi-god.

It's kinda how they work. Time investment=becoming more powerful. Dupers and legit players end up with the same results the only difference is how they chose to do it. Duping just circumvents the natural process is all.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#24SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 6:40:29 PM
Yeah, that was definitely the case in Dragons Dogma.

That said, I don't know if raid bosses can really be considered a traditional challenge. Pyro Pete, maybe, but the rest just seem to have had health packed on, and a variety of ohk attacks.
Kinda cheap, tbh.

That said, at least the raid bosses aren't as bad as the online Ur dragon.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#25SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 6:43:17 PM
kiwimyweewee posted...
kiwimyweewee posted...

Wouldn't the better rewards still kill the raid bosses faster? It's kinda the concept of every loot game I have ever played. Kill hunter hellquist, get a bee, kill hunter hellquist faster. Kill things, get better gear, kill things faster, get even better gear, become demi-god.

It's kinda how they work. Time investment=becoming more powerful. Dupers and legit players end up with the same results the only difference is how they chose to do it. Duping just circumvents the natural process is all.

True, but the problem I find is that raid bosses aren't worth it. Even with Pete, who has the best drops, you need to kill him ~6 times to get enough crystals for anything. Anything else he drops can be obtained somewhere else.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#26ICantNameGudPosted 1/28/2013 6:43:46 PM
In my case TC i already recieved 4 orange drips before duping, 2 of thise were a Bee and CC right when the game launched. Non-elemental with sub-par stats. At that point there were people who had played twice as much as I had and found nothing. Realizing it was all luck and how long it would take to get the elements or stats I wanted was the point I decided to dupe.

Now I can use any weapon against all the enemies, rather than fighting a dozen bosses as nauseum (which I hate). I also do not powerlevel, I've beaten TVHM with 3 characters and the story itself a few more times.

I hope this answers your question.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#27xXXxMrBxXXxPosted 1/28/2013 7:01:31 PM(edited)
For me, it's all about the loot.
Trying to get a nice version of each gun i like, with every element.
The chill in your spine when you finally drop this nice Caustic cutting edge ***** !

Could't care less about a new level cap, for me, it is all about collection.
You don't NEED anything to play the game or enjoy it, but you can do it with style ^^

Edit: >_> Since i almost never dupe ( except group finds, skins/heads, or very specific stuff )
and never powerleveled, you can disregard this post. Sorry. Kinda tired...
#28CoolBeansAvlPosted 1/28/2013 7:22:37 PM
Farming in this game is just not fun for me. PSO, now there's a game where I could do hundreds upon hundreds of runs and not get bored. But in this, that's just not the case. The rare drops typically only come from one unique enemy, which means you're killing one enemy once, reloading, and killing that one enemy again. It's just tedious when the drop rate is already small and then you only have one enemy that can drop a particular item.
---
http://i.imgur.com/98y63.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yOcp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wdX6S.jpg
#29MrImpatient35Posted 1/28/2013 7:34:37 PM
For me personally, the MAIN reason I do it is because I'm trying to avoid as many things that stress me out as possible, and farming the same boss for hours/days/weeks is definitely stressful. I've been pretty irritable since my surgery, so that's mainly why I do it.

I also do it because I don't have the patience to farm for so long, and NOT get the legendary I'm farming for, like what happened with the bee shield. I tried so many times to get that thing, and never got it.

My choices were, to continue farming for who knows how long, or just get a dupe. The answer was simple to me.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#30PhilR1Posted 1/29/2013 4:17:54 AM
I have a similar opinion to you TC. I like to level up at my own pace and earn my own weapons. Being given weapons for free, I would not enjoy them as much.

Using certain weapons for 5 hours + and then you find a better one you can swap it with is a real joy. If I had all the best weapons straight away, there is nothing more to get. Once you play through the game a few times there is nothing else to return to if you have all the best weapons.

It's like playing an RPG and starting off as level 99 with end-game weapons. A game like this and proper RPG's is all about the journey and getting better loot at a slow progression.

Plus I want a challenge. Is there really any challenge if you can one-hit-kill everything apart from the top bosses? Seems really boring to me.
---
Currently playing Borderlands 2. Waiting for Dead Space 3, Gears of War Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, Army of Two Devils Cartel & Splinter Cell Blacklist