Some help for a 59 yr old gamer.

#31jreed1337Posted 1/31/2013 9:46:21 AM
also TC, add me. I have an insane slag plasma caster that is level 30 and an electric one that is 33.

wont ever use them again.

they are purple from the chest though, not legendary.
---
1+3+3=7
#32MosebysRangersPosted 1/31/2013 10:42:47 AM
spedward62 posted...
I am old.
Bad eyes
Loss of coordination
Every joint in my body hurts

Yes all these things effect my game play, but not my enjoyment.

This. First time in all my years I actually had to turn the vibration off on my controller when using one of Moxxi's weapons. Fingers started going numb and hands started hurting. Can't wait for all the young whipper snappers to see what the aging process does. One positive thing is I hope when they age is will become like most older people. Less complaining about games, more respectful to fellow gamers because they will beging to realize that there comes a time things like strokes, heart attacks, memory loss etc are going to be possibly the norm and gaming will be something they can no longer do.
#33BayouJoePosted 1/31/2013 10:55:13 AM
huntjames posted...
Playing a lvl 31 Commando and fairly close to taking on the Warrior and would like to have, at least, a couple of legendary weapons for the battle. I have a couple of lvl 20-30 legendary things (fire sniper rifle[not good against Warrior] and The Bee Shield, etc...) that I would trade, because I don't know how to duplicate. If anyone is interested in helping me out, I would greatly appreciate it: GT: huntjames. I'm on now.

Wish I had known this last week, had a whole s***load of level 30 legendaries but had to get rid of them to make room for the level 50's.....btw tc, you're old enough to be my little brother, lol.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
#34deadlyfredPosted 1/31/2013 11:15:18 AM
In case anyone cares... I sent TC a message on XBL offering to help however he wanted, but he never responded.

I think this was a trick to get us to argue about age.

Kapowski fell right into the net.

Cue Admiral Ackbar...
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#35MosebysRangersPosted 1/31/2013 11:20:12 AM
deadlyfred posted...
In case anyone cares... I sent TC a message on XBL offering to help however he wanted, but he never responded.

Cue Admiral Ackbar...

I never got a response when I offered via Live date posted. But it is nice to see the attitudes of the younger game generation. Whether I agree with them or not. Reminds of days gone by when I was a young whippersnapper myself.
#36AtairPosted 1/31/2013 11:38:25 AM
deadlyfred posted...
In case anyone cares... I sent TC a message on XBL offering to help however he wanted, but he never responded

Well, maybe he doesn't know what console he's playing this game on. He made this topic on this board, and it includes his 360 GT.

He made a similar topic on the PS3 board using a slightly different PSN ID.
---
There's a battle outside and it is ragin'....For the times, they are a-changin'
#37Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/31/2013 3:47:35 PM
deadlyfred posted...

Cue Admiral Ackbar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSUKnnLXQg

in all seriousness, this is hilarious.

i asked a simple question, out of genuine curiosity, and that somehow makes me a disrespectful, despicable jerk.

jreed1337 posted...

whatever you need to tell yourself! your justification for anything you do on this website is laughable at best, its scary that its logical to you.

says the 1337th jreed to post on GFAQS. come back when you understand logic, Mr. White Knight.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#38tony8669Posted 1/31/2013 9:25:13 PM
His age isn't relevant, and the complaint that people have with him mentioning it is likewise irrelevant.

If you want to help him out, then help him out. If you don't, then don't.
#39JacquardPosted 1/31/2013 9:51:45 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
i asked a simple question, out of genuine curiosity, and that somehow makes me a disrespectful, despicable jerk.

jreed1337 posted...

whatever you need to tell yourself! your justification for anything you do on this website is laughable at best, its scary that its logical to you.

says the 1337th jreed to post on GFAQS. come back when you understand logic, Mr. White Knight.

Mr. White Knight needs no education. He stands tall, and for that he deserves respect.

Now, as far as your simple question, you deserve a straightforward answer.

Let it be recorded that you did not ask a question. Stating your curiosity is fine but does not constitute a question.

Implied questions can be found anywhere. For example, I'm curious if you have bad breath. Notice, I didn't ask you about your breath. I subtly implied you might have bad breath.

Now, on to your implied question about why TC mentioned his age. First, many gamers are, not to put too fine a point on it, old, and his plea went out to similarly clock-challenged gamers.

Second, he hoped to capitalize, as it seems you realized, on some sympathy.

Having said all that, other astute posters have deduced that perhaps TC was playing us. Seems likely at this point. Your genuine curiosity may have unearthed a 59-year-old troll. Not the first one.

If I was harsh, please forgive me. Don't take that as a sign of weakness.
#40huntjames(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:06:38 PM
I can't believe how my post for someone to dupe me some legendary items got hijacked into a debate about me posting my age. Heck yeah, I posted it for a little sympathy and yeah, I can't play as well as I used to nor do I have the patience to farm bosses for hours and only get a few middling legendaries. If I had some and knew how to dupe them, I give em to whoever wanted them. I don't understand why some people are so stingy with them.