What is the best shield for Deathtrap?

#1ChicagoTed_Posted 1/28/2013 7:46:22 PM
I'm curious which shield gives Deathtrap the best bonuses.

Damage
Hide of Terramorphous
Flame of the Firehawk
Impaler

Health/Absorbtion
Evolution
Sham

High Capacity
Fabled Tortoise
Hoplite

Also, if you have any other suggestions for shields that benefit Deathtrap specifically, let me know why you use them. Keep in mind, we're talking about Deathtrap and which shield gives him the best damage or survivability. This isn't about how well Gaige can use Black Hole with a LBT build.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/28/2013 7:52:47 PM
I don't think that Fabled Tortoise or hoplite would be worth the decreased movement speed.

Also, I think the health increase is passed to Gaige with the Evolution or Neogenator.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3ShichikaPosted 1/28/2013 7:57:06 PM(edited)
I personally love using the Black hole on my death trap if you got one you should try it, for what its worth though out of the shields given Hide of terra if your looking for him to do a lot of damage but if you just want him to last longer id say the sham

edit: I love using the black hole bc when the shield pops he drags everything into him, which is normally followed up by him doing his clap or the lightning burst going out hte the clap of death xD Its nice if theres multiple enemies bc it will force them out of cover to
---
GT: zeroreaperX5
#4AlleRacingPosted 1/28/2013 9:38:08 PM(edited)
Using the Hoplite or Fabled Tortoise can kill you if they reduce more than half your health, I don't think either are worth it. I'm not sure the Evolution or Neogenator work on Deathtrap. Impaler is a solid choice, as would be The Sham (if it works of course). The Black Hole is also great for Deathtrap, so I don't know why you're so dismissive of it. When it goes down, it'll pull everything into his melee range, which works nicely with Robot Rampage and Explosive Clap, as well as when he has a lot of Upshot Robot stacks. That it also happens to complement a Little Big Trouble build is icing on the cake. The Love Thumper is pretty fantastic, but won't really give him any extra durability. Hide of Terramorphous is all around a great choice.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5__Vyse_Posted 1/28/2013 9:47:31 PM
love thumper
---
my sig sucks again.
#6DocOdinePosted 1/28/2013 11:24:44 PM
I ****ing love him with the Firehawk and all the hp/reduction boosts and roboteer mod. Once he wades into combat he is like my own personal smart bomb. Keeps getting shot so it never regens, just explodes until him or the enemies are dead.
---
I need a woman like Jenassa. Spend a month away from home with a strange woman, come home to food, $2000 and sex, then leave.
#7ChicagoTed_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:33:42 PM
AlleRacing posted...
Using the Hoplite or Fabled Tortoise can kill you if they reduce more than half your health, I don't think either are worth it. I'm not sure the Evolution or Neogenator work on Deathtrap. Impaler is a solid choice, as would be The Sham (if it works of course). The Black Hole is also great for Deathtrap, so I don't know why you're so dismissive of it. When it goes down, it'll pull everything into his melee range, which works nicely with Robot Rampage and Explosive Clap, as well as when he has a lot of Upshot Robot stacks. That it also happens to complement a Little Big Trouble build is icing on the cake. The Love Thumper is pretty fantastic, but won't really give him any extra durability. Hide of Terramorphous is all around a great choice.

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming. ;)

Also, I'm not dismissive of the Black Hole, I only wanted to focus the discussion on shields that benefit from the BFF Tree, and not have everyone come in and suggest shields for builds I'm not using.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted