Pete - Equipment and Strategy?

#1BigPurickPosted 1/29/2013 6:17:03 AM
Alright.

I'm looking for the right tools and some other strategies to take out Pete solo. (Not Assistance and Not Hand-outs).

I haven't had a lot of success farming so far, so my arsenal is low. So basically, I keep farming the warrior and want to know when I'm geared up enough to try for Pete some more.

What weapons or shields should I be looking for?

And then - the big question. I was trying a couple of different ways to take him out and it took me way to long to get through his shields! 4 - 5 minutes usually. What are some good ways? The ledge? Hiding behind the columns?

Thanks all.
---
Random_Sig_Creator: Execute
#2Tec187Posted 1/29/2013 6:37:09 AM(edited)
How about you start by telling us what character you're playing, cause ya know... that would help :P

Edit: If you are playing Zer0 all you need is 3 quest rewards to be able to farm him farily fast and easily.
I'll detail it if you do indeed play Zer0.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#3fakesnoop77Posted 1/29/2013 6:28:12 AM
Ok here goes.....

I can only really give you advice based on my own experiences and my own tactics which do not include glitching or Evil Smashing

Pete is fairly easy to solo but as you said, the right equipment is paramount.

Make sure you have something that can give him a good amount of Slag (Slagga or Grenade Slag Mod)

When the fight starts, lob a Slag grenade where he lands then use something with an electric element. I use a Vladof Topneaa to take his shields down. At this point circle/strafe him whilst handing out as much damage as possible. I use either the Infinity or Sandhawk combined with an Alkeline Bee shield.

When pete does his ground pound move he will release both Fire and Corrosive damage. Run towards the water wheel #2 and wash off under the water. Throw another grenade towards where the Spiderants spawn to mop them up. Continue to blast him with whatever you choose to use. Keep Pete slagged as much as possible.

I can defeat him easily using Salvador with the following equipment; -

Topneaa
Slagga
Sandhawk
Slag Grenade Mod
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#4FartjokePosted 1/29/2013 6:28:16 AM
BigPurick posted...
Alright.

I'm looking for the right tools and some other strategies to take out Pete solo. (Not Assistance and Not Hand-outs).

I haven't had a lot of success farming so far, so my arsenal is low. So basically, I keep farming the warrior and want to know when I'm geared up enough to try for Pete some more.

What weapons or shields should I be looking for?

And then - the big question. I was trying a couple of different ways to take him out and it took me way to long to get through his shields! 4 - 5 minutes usually. What are some good ways? The ledge? Hiding behind the columns?

Thanks all.

Hiding behind stuff can provide some help to avoid his novas, but it's not required. Make sure you have a suitable build. Pyro Pete is the easiest Invincible, in my opinion, so it won't matter what character you use.

As for strategy, like I said, hiding behind stuff can help, but it's not required. Just stay mobile. Stay out of his range and when he starts hammering the ground, be ready to start the water flows. I highly suggest using the Spiderant one (The one on the right of the Eridium payout to spawn him) as Spiderants will be much easier to face than the Rats, especially if you forget to kill some. Dispatch the Spiderants as quickly as possible. I generally chuck one or two 'nades (One if you're Salvador with Double Your Fun) The better the grenade mod, the easier it'll kill them.

As for the gear, I suggest the Bee + Sand Hawk and/or Unkempt Harold. These are the best weapons to use with the Bee now after the patch. Sand Hawk is more viable since it's easier to obtain. If it's shock, then even better, since it'll tear through his shields even more. Use slag to slag him as well. It can be any slag weapon, honestly. I prefer to use slag grenades. If you don't want to use the Bee, any high capacity shield that won't restrict your movement is just fine. The Evolution is the second best, or the first best, against him. Evolution is easily the best shield in the game as it provides health, health regen, and elemental resist on top of bomb diggity stats for a shield. The Unkempt Harold will continue to do tons of damage even without the Bee, along with other weapons that aren't fire or caustic, it'll just take much longer. If you're Zero or Axton, use Deception/Turret to distract him. If you're Salvador, you probably don't even need this advice. If you're Maya or Gaige (I haven't tried it with these characters) you'll still do fine just by kiting him around and wasting him with the Bee/Sand Hawk.
---
GT = Homeless Shotty
You're riding shotgun.
#5BigPurick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:39:32 AM
Thanks for quick responses!

Commando.
Have a 49 Bee. Prolly need to get the 50.
Have the Slagga and a plain Fire Hawk.

The Slagga seems to do minimal damage on the warrior, didn't think that it would do much on Pete...
---
#6FartjokePosted 1/29/2013 6:41:11 AM
BigPurick posted...

Commando.

The Slagga seems to do minimal damage on the warrior, didn't think that it would do much on Pete...

Fire Sand Hawk won't do, you need a different one. Level 50 Bee would help, indeed. And the Slagga isn't for the damage the gun does. It's for the it's immense slagging ability. Slag 'im, switch back to the Sand Hawk, and bam, double the damage.
---
GT = Homeless Shotty
You're riding shotgun.
#7fakesnoop77Posted 1/29/2013 6:46:13 AM
Fartjoke posted...
BigPurick posted...

Commando.

Fire Sand Hawk won't do, you need a different one. Level 50 Bee would help, indeed. And the Slagga isn't for the damage the gun does. It's for the it's immense slagging ability. Slag 'im, switch back to the Sand Hawk, and bam, double the damage.

I think TC means to say he has a non elemental Sand Hawk
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#8deadlyfredPosted 1/29/2013 6:59:01 AM
I did the Scarlett mission to get the Sand Hawk over and over, with a second controller plugged in and gave the reward to a mule, then dashboarded. This allowed me to get all the elements and sights/damage/fire rates.

A Shock Sand Hawk is the best one to start the fight with and as was said, slag Pete repeatedly.

Once his shield is down he'll do a combo blast. Right before you take the shield down get to the double columns, making sure you can duck in to avoid the blasts.

After that you can keep using the Sand Hawk or if you have some other high output/damage weapon go with that.
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#9BigPurick(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:43:47 AM
Snoop - You were correct. Non Elemental.

Thanks Everybody!

LOTS of good stuff in here.
---