Every game I jump into, somebody is evil smashering

#11PanopictonguyPosted 1/29/2013 12:48:17 PM
minimang123 posted...
terrysmay04 posted...
yeah, but don't worry TC. Duping and glitching is a choice that THEY get to make for you that doesn't effect your experience at all. So quit being a game nazi and telling people how to play, especially if that way is so easy that it ruins any semblance of gameplay. >_>

I always hate that argument. When people complain about glitching, they frequently don't argue that the others are "enjoying the game wrong" or that it affects them, so these counterarguments are irrelevant. Beyond that, the argument that it is impossibly to incorrectly enjoy a game is to say that you enjoy the Lord of the Rings trilogy because you once set a set of those books on fire - there are legitimate and illegitimate ways to truly enjoy things beyond simple subjective measures, so to hold disdain to those who make the "No True Scotsman" argument is utterly ridiculous; one who does not partake in something in any way (even vicariously) can have no true or deep opinion of the content whatsoever.

Furthermore, it CLEARLY affects him. So, and I repeat, what's a legitimate argument against the anti-Evil Smashers?

We're all whiners & communist dictators who hate fun. ^_^
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#12JojoforpresPosted 1/29/2013 1:09:39 PM
You guys did get put in your place. Now you are all butthurt because nobody is buying your weak sauce. And still; it seems not one of you understands the other side of the coin.
---
"Just grinned and shook my hand, 'No.' was all he said.", The Weight by Smith
#13Gary_MillerPosted 1/29/2013 1:13:03 PM
There is no "legitimate" argument against anti-evil smashers. It's all subjective. You can't dictate how one can play or enjoy game, with or without glitches. There will be endless rants for as long as it takes gearbox to patch this gamebreaking glitch. There is no way to appease the anti-evil smashers until this happens. So instead of pouring your heart and soul into the message boards, try directing your passion towards gearbox. Frankly I'm sick of seeing these posts. You're not going to dissuade the people who already use the glitches to not using them.
#14PanopictonguyPosted 1/29/2013 1:20:40 PM
Jojoforpres posted...
You guys did get put in your place. Now you are all butthurt because nobody is buying your weak sauce. And still; it seems not one of you understands the other side of the coin.

or....a lot of obsessive glitchers can't read.

Nobody cares about your fun. Have all the fun you want, dupe, smash, mod, exploit...explode. Throw your 360 at an old lady if that makes Borderlands more enjoyable for you. Just do it by yourself or with other people who want to do that.

Having a public game open in which you're experimenting with mods that can be passed to another person affects everyone.
---
#15DMBHovDogPosted 1/29/2013 1:24:27 PM
So are people who keep to themselves and play solo just considered collateral damage with nerfs and such?
#16terrysmay04Posted 1/29/2013 1:29:21 PM
minimang123 posted...
terrysmay04 posted...
yeah, but don't worry TC. Duping and glitching is a choice that THEY get to make for you that doesn't effect your experience at all. So quit being a game nazi and telling people how to play, especially if that way is so easy that it ruins any semblance of gameplay. >_>

I always hate that argument. When people complain about glitching, they frequently don't argue that the others are "enjoying the game wrong" or that it affects them, so these counterarguments are irrelevant. Beyond that, the argument that it is impossibly to incorrectly enjoy a game is to say that you enjoy the Lord of the Rings trilogy because you once set a set of those books on fire - there are legitimate and illegitimate ways to truly enjoy things beyond simple subjective measures, so to hold disdain to those who make the "No True Scotsman" argument is utterly ridiculous; one who does not partake in something in any way (even vicariously) can have no true or deep opinion of the content whatsoever.

Furthermore, it CLEARLY affects him. So, and I repeat, what's a legitimate argument against the anti-Evil Smashers?

ok when I read this it seemed to me that you didn't understand that I was being sarcastic. I am supporting TC's argument that it has become ridiculous the amount of duping and glitching that is in this game.
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#17PanopictonguyPosted 1/29/2013 1:32:21 PM
DMBHovDog posted...
So are people who keep to themselves and play solo just considered collateral damage with nerfs and such?

The nerfs only happen because people keep abusing exploits online in public & random games.

Look how long the evil smasher glitch has been around. They patched the bee which had nowhere near the effect of evil smasher first. Why? Because people would not stop abusing the hell out of it in public and random games.

Gearbox wouldn't care about these things if the message boards weren't overwhelmed with topics LF "Exploitable equipment." Youtube exploding with "Check out me using exploits" videos. And don't forget people jumping into Gearbox games during gearbox events using exploits and modded weapons.

People complain all the time about everything no matter what it is. Gearbox isn't paying attention to the complaints they're looking at the amount of people doing these things. Hell the complaints are a result of the amount of people abusing the exploits.
---
#18I have no namePosted 1/29/2013 1:39:14 PM
Jojoforpres posted...
You guys did get put in your place.

At 7ish I made a topic laying out why the cheaters "dun afect u if y dun ply nline winer!" argument was a contradiction.

At 4-5ish after spending a slow day at work typing out long explanations why they're full of **** which were dismissed with the arguments I'd debunked in rhe opening post I lengthened my ignore list, forgot about that day's distraction and went home to play offline.

Totally 'put in my place'. Yep. A huh...
---
Why does he have a gun? Why is she fainting? What the hell is a ghost table?:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Weird_Tales_February_1928.jpg
#19DMBHovDogPosted 1/29/2013 1:44:19 PM
So exploiters/cheaters who play solo should be just as annoyed at those that join public games and "ruin" the game as those legits that have their games ruined?
#20spfurm01Posted 1/29/2013 1:57:34 PM
DMBHovDog posted...
So exploiters/cheaters who play solo should be just as annoyed at those that join public games and "ruin" the game as those legits that have their games ruined?

Yes and no. The host should decide how the game is played, as they have control over who is playing. If the host doesn't want to play that way (be it "legit" or "not legit") than the polite thing to do for those players who do not want to comply would be to leave.

It doesn't really effect you either way, but one sour apple does ruin the whole bunch.
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!