Every game I jump into, somebody is evil smashering

#21H3nryW1ls0n3Posted 1/29/2013 1:00:50 PM
spfurm01 posted...

It doesn't really effect you either way, but one sour apple does ruin the whole bunch.

No it doesn't I throw away that bad apple and eat the rest.....Ain't Nobody Got Time for wastin' apples
#22DMBHovDogPosted 1/29/2013 1:01:15 PM
I like the one dudes idea that they add some option to eliminate certain guns from games in matchmaking...I'm not a programmer but how could that be so hard to do?
#23PanopictonguyPosted 1/29/2013 1:04:29 PM
I have no name posted...
Jojoforpres posted...
You guys did get put in your place.

At 7ish I made a topic laying out why the cheaters "dun afect u if y dun ply nline winer!" argument was a contradiction.

At 4-5ish after spending a slow day at work typing out long explanations why they're full of **** which were dismissed with the arguments I'd debunked in rhe opening post I lengthened my ignore list, forgot about that day's distraction and went home to play offline.

Totally 'put in my place'. Yep. A huh...

I stopped taking them serious because they can't read.

One guy came onto your topic ready goto war because people were telling him not to play online at all. He took notes and built his argument around the fact that legit players were telling exploisters they can't play the game online at all.

For someone to come to that conclusion they must have severe reading comprehension issues.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#24PanopictonguyPosted 1/29/2013 1:07:14 PM
DMBHovDog posted...
I like the one dudes idea that they add some option to eliminate certain guns from games in matchmaking...I'm not a programmer but how could that be so hard to do?

1. People obssessed with exploiting in online games would work their hardest to find a work around.

2. Why take a unique weapon from everyone when you can balance its effects so everyone can enjoy it.
---
#25DMBHovDogPosted 1/29/2013 1:09:19 PM
Yea but as a legit who is against EvilSmashing. Wouldn't you take your chances on a game with those guns not allowed?
#26xHuckleberryPosted 1/29/2013 1:12:24 PM
My shoulder is here ---->

In case anyone wants something to cry on.
#27PanopictonguyPosted 1/29/2013 2:25:15 PM
DMBHovDog posted...
Yea but as a legit who is against EvilSmashing. Wouldn't you take your chances on a game with those guns not allowed?

Who said I was against evil smashing...>_>
---
#28SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/29/2013 2:30:45 PM
That sucks.

That said, I can't say I'm surprised. It's a rare thing to jump into a game with randoms and not find something wrong.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#29Robtcee13Posted 1/29/2013 2:51:32 PM
DMBHovDog posted...

When programming, making a character move left and right in a believable manner is incredibly hard to do. Jumping is even harder. Seriously. I've seen so much struggle with simple things, and none of my ideas really work. Sure, you CAN just apply a directional force, but it doesn't really make for a good movement system.
That being said, you probably could have a filter for "don't allow this affix into this game". They've already got a system where there's a gun part or specific affix or something on the gun that gives it a unique ability. So, if you disallow the evil smasher's unique trait, then the game should be able to recognize it. The real problem is actually defining what to do about it, and actually providing a good way of actual implementation. I don't actually think that there is one. Random public games are already a bit of a cesspool of exploits, cheating, and BM. You don't go into public games expecting a real game, and even if you have a filtration system for cheaters and exploiters, they'll still find a way to ruin the game for everybody else in the public lobbies. If you want a real game, you post on the forums. Let them have their cesspool.
Ironically, this kind of works as a metaphor for many online communities as well.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#30ChaobringerPosted 1/29/2013 2:59:36 PM
I wonder how people who ACTUALLY use the evil smasher itself for what it is feel about all this.