Every game I jump into, somebody is evil smashering

#31SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/29/2013 4:04:44 PM
Robtcee13 posted...
DMBHovDog posted...
I like the one dudes idea that they add some option to eliminate certain guns from games in matchmaking...I'm not a programmer but how could that be so hard to do?

When programming, making a character move left and right in a believable manner is incredibly hard to do. Jumping is even harder. Seriously. I've seen so much struggle with simple things, and none of my ideas really work. Sure, you CAN just apply a directional force, but it doesn't really make for a good movement system.
That being said, you probably could have a filter for "don't allow this affix into this game". They've already got a system where there's a gun part or specific affix or something on the gun that gives it a unique ability. So, if you disallow the evil smasher's unique trait, then the game should be able to recognize it. The real problem is actually defining what to do about it, and actually providing a good way of actual implementation. I don't actually think that there is one. Random public games are already a bit of a cesspool of exploits, cheating, and BM. You don't go into public games expecting a real game, and even if you have a filtration system for cheaters and exploiters, they'll still find a way to ruin the game for everybody else in the public lobbies. If you want a real game, you post on the forums. Let them have their cesspool.
Ironically, this kind of works as a metaphor for many online communities as well.

Pretty much.
I don't even bother playing with randoms. I know that 9/10, I'm going to have a bad time. People being dicks, in one way or another. Taking kills, not reviving, hogging loot, friendly kills... exploits are the last of my worries.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#32ApolloAntonPosted 1/29/2013 4:11:48 PM
My rule of thumb: If the host has a douchey gamertag, there will probably be a player glitching
#33Kageblade23Posted 1/29/2013 4:14:13 PM
DMBHovDog posted...
Yea but as a legit who is against EvilSmashing. Wouldn't you take your chances on a game with those guns not allowed?

you mean where the guns are not allowed but the hackers and eploiters will find a way to have it tagged as a weapon that is allowed so its dropped in their inventory when the match starts and hes there one shooting everyone from across the map?... you mean taking "those" guns out like that?...just because the GM removed it dosent mean the modder wont find a work around...
#34SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/29/2013 4:18:02 PM
Kageblade23 posted...
DMBHovDog posted...
Yea but as a legit who is against EvilSmashing. Wouldn't you take your chances on a game with those guns not allowed?

you mean where the guns are not allowed but the hackers and eploiters will find a way to have it tagged as a weapon that is allowed so its dropped in their inventory when the match starts and hes there one shooting everyone from across the map?... you mean taking "those" guns out like that?...just because the GM removed it dosent mean the modder wont find a work around...

I'd be more worried about the modders and hackers making a gun that is automatically overpowered.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.