When powerleveling, I seem to prefer passive leveling to active leveling.

#1LunarAmbiencePosted 1/29/2013 11:07:47 PM
I set up my controllers to kill Rakks in the Vault of the Warrior. Very slow leveling, but needs a lot less attention. Tend to finish up with Warrior/Terra. runs.

Anyone else do this?
---
The above is both true and false.
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/29/2013 11:13:08 PM
I don't powerlevel, myself. I choose to play normally. It allows me to collect loot, gain the necessary weapon slots and eridium, and work on my BA rank.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3LunarAmbience(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:15:40 PM(edited)
Yeah, to each his or her own, I guess. I play with a lot of different people, so I try to diversify what I can bring to the team. It's fun to me. Feels like progress.
---
#4malcolm913Posted 1/30/2013 6:15:30 AM
LunarAmbience posted...
I set up my controllers to kill Rakks in the Vault of the Warrior. Very slow leveling, but needs a lot less attention. Tend to finish up with Warrior/Terra. runs.

Anyone else do this?

I thought about trying something like this for fun; once I accidentally released Deathtrap after I had killed the Warrior and was looting, and he started to kill the Rakks, and with the "Upshot Robot" skill his timer bar never diminished. I wondered if he would just stay spawned indefinitely killing Rakks and getting me (minimal) experience.
#5killbot357Posted 1/30/2013 6:16:59 AM
Nah I'm more interested in playing through the game as normal.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, The Cave, Paper Mario: Sticker Star
#6SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/30/2013 6:20:51 AM
LunarAmbience posted...
Yeah, to each his or her own, I guess. I play with a lot of different people, so I try to diversify what I can bring to the team. It's fun to me. Feels like progress.

Cool.
Of course, my comment was not meant to berate your pasttime, like killbots was.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#7LunarAmbience(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:52:14 PM
Yeah, it's just to level up some other characters anyway. We all find the fun approaching the game differently.

I thought about trying something like this for fun; once I accidentally released Deathtrap after I had killed the Warrior and was looting, and he started to kill the Rakks, and with the "Upshot Robot" skill his timer bar never diminished. I wondered if he would just stay spawned indefinitely killing Rakks and getting me (minimal) experience.

That's a possibility. I use the Infinity for this trick (of course) and aim for a particular spot where the Rakk spawn and just wrap a rubber band around the trigger. A Rakk spawns about every second or half second. I wonder if there's any way to drawn attention to that particular spot, what would happen?
---
#8angelus455Posted 1/30/2013 10:56:19 PM
malcolm913 posted...
LunarAmbience posted...

Anyone else do this?

I tried this the other night with the deathtrap (I thought there was an achievement for getting his kills high) but eventually the game pauses if you try to leave so it doesn't really work long term.
#9LunarAmbience(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:57:37 PM
That's the controller shutting off, right? I'd imagine there's some way to keep the controller active, like making it an open game to friends but appearing offline or something.
---
#10Kamden_TPosted 1/31/2013 12:45:22 AM
LunarAmbience posted...
That's the controller shutting off, right? I'd imagine there's some way to keep the controller active, like making it an open game to friends but appearing offline or something.

Rubberband the controller so you are constantly firing will not shut you off either.