A question for people using the Evil Smasher glitch

#11fakesnoop77Posted 1/30/2013 6:52:35 AM
I actually believe that GB 'accidentally' put these little glitches in to the game on purpose.

Remember the Knoxx DLC where you could fall through the floor to glitch in to the armoury?? now compare that to the glitch that allows you to raid the treasure room again using invisible platforms. Too much of a coincidence for me.

GB president has also confirmed that he thinks it's fun that you guys find these glitches and exploit them as it promotes his game when we all discuss them on forums like this.
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#12z0mbin3_81Posted 1/30/2013 7:02:02 AM(edited)
I only use the smasher for farming. General play I'm legit. The drop rates are so horrid why elongate an already time consuming process. Although now with the DP Harold / Bee I may not need it. However I did Infinity Smash farm the bar room blitz to get the tokens necessary for the Harold.
---
"Pandas are like frosting, they scare the chipmunks away" - Benjamin Franklin
#13UroborosAheriPosted 1/30/2013 8:06:10 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Remember the Knoxx DLC where you could fall through the floor to glitch in to the armoury?? now compare that to the glitch that allows you to raid the treasure room again using invisible platforms.

Fun times. Funny how everyone complains about the smasher glitch, yet hardly anything was said about the "Stock" weapons or the safe spot in Crawmerax's lair in the original.
---
In Soviet Russia, Crab Catches You!
#143CDEDPosted 1/30/2013 8:23:37 AM
UroborosAheri posted...
fakesnoop77 posted...
Remember the Knoxx DLC where you could fall through the floor to glitch in to the armoury?? now compare that to the glitch that allows you to raid the treasure room again using invisible platforms.

Fun times. Funny how everyone complains about the smasher glitch, yet hardly anything was said about the "Stock" weapons or the safe spot in Crawmerax's lair in the original.

the problem is the community not the game. the glitches wouldn't be a problem if people A) didn't use them or B) didn't feel the need to complain like spoilt children because someone else has the audacity to enjoy the game a different way.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi/ Drift Master
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7816538416_df717aec0a_b.jpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdriIl7VNw
#15spfurm01Posted 1/30/2013 11:58:15 AM
actually TC, the glitch/cheat is easier to do/access and far more effective than most modded guns.

Of course, you could always evil smasher the modded guns...
---
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!
#16Super EspioPosted 1/30/2013 12:27:04 PM
My main question is, what is the pointing of farming for anything once you do the infinity glitch? There is no more challenge to the game, unless you just want to collect all the guns for fun. I'm not saying its wrong to do or anything, heck if I had an infinity I'd probably try it out too every once in a while.
---
Welcome to GameFAQS, where sharing an opinion is a declaration of war.
Resurrect the saint from within the wretch.
#17gamerlin10Posted 1/30/2013 12:45:28 PM
"play/ruin"
I lol'd #sopassiveaggressive
---
XBL: BROK3N THUMB5
PSN: HPrestored88
#18PlutoniumMSPosted 1/30/2013 1:02:41 PM
I use the glitch to farm raid bosses, and to get to said raid bosses. I'm not a fan of getting downed every 5 seconds when running through an area, so I use the glitch.

I also don't enjoy the time it takes to farm these raid bosses for their loot. I mean, after 3 DLCs, I imagine they would have a Crawmerax / General Knoxx style loot drop, but they don't.

I understand the argument, though, weapons lose value when everyone has them. That doesn't really bother me at all, thus I use the glitch when I feel like farming raid bosses, so I can get orange items in a fraction of the time it would take me to get them normally.
---
Xbox Live GT: I Dylan I
Currently playing: Halo 4