The Definitive Duping Scale

#41deadlyfredPosted 1/31/2013 6:11:12 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
vote and discuss.

Why does this matter so much to you? You don't even play online "because of (your) internet".
---
XBL GT: Ki11er Six (ones instead of L's and a space between the two words)
Treasure Room glitch on Borderlands 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuvwzTuUhqc
#42Kpt_Kapowski(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:35:21 AM
deadlyfred posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
vote and discuss.

Why does this matter so much to you? You don't even play online "because of (your) internet".

First, why are you acting like having bad internet is so unbelievable?

Second, im sure I've said this already, but I really don't care all that much.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#43ollie229Posted 1/31/2013 9:03:11 AM
I lol'd and stopped reading at "in game economy".

On a related note - I'm LF a lvl 50 skullmasher. I'm willing to dupe my entire inventory in return. Lots of dupped legendaries and uniques! /sarcasm

On another related note - this topic is dumb.
---
What? No Weather Dominator? You just expect the weather to dominate itself, huh? That's so unprofessional.
#44jreed1337Posted 1/31/2013 9:08:00 AM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/4/9/15/enhanced-buzz-9654-1270841945-6.jpg
---
1+3+3=7
#45Kpt_Kapowski(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:31:48 AM
ollie229 posted...
I lol'd and stopped reading at "in game economy".

On a related note - I'm LF a lvl 50 skullmasher. I'm willing to dupe my entire inventory in return. Lots of dupped legendaries and uniques! /sarcasm

On another related note - this topic is dumb.

yes. God forbid i make a thread that isnt LF EVIL SMAAHER + INFINITER DUP PLZ
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-6 :(
#46MosebysRangersPosted 1/31/2013 11:09:50 AM
Didn't choose any of the choices offered as I felt it left out many of the positive reasons for duping.

I dupe with my co-op friend when we find the same weapons/gear that we both want, I dupe Live friends when they ask because they may have helped me with stuff not only in BL/BL2 but other games like Dragon's Dogma for example.

Many have given me stuff with out asking.

I offer to dupe on GF because I have played this game since release day. I feel that the reward system is very unrewarding and see no reason that people should not be able to have fun playing with some of the better gear vs maybe for some never getting select items no matter how long they play.

I also dupe just because sharing and helping people is a positive social skill and something that gamer's do. They not only share physical items to improve the gaming experience but tips etc.

Some reasons why I dupe.
#47TsurukePosted 1/31/2013 11:45:17 AM(edited)
MosebysRangers posted...
Didn't choose any of the choices offered as I felt it left out many of the positive reasons for duping.

I dupe with my co-op friend when we find the same weapons/gear that we both want, I dupe Live friends when they ask because they may have helped me with stuff not only in BL/BL2 but other games like Dragon's Dogma for example.
I offer to dupe on GF because I have played this game since release day. I feel that the reward system is very unrewarding and see no reason that people should not be able to have fun playing with some of the better gear vs maybe for some never getting select items no matter how long they play.
I also dupe just because sharing and helping people is a positive social skill and something that gamer's do. They not only share physical items to improve the gaming experience but tips etc.
Some reasons why I dupe.

Wouldn't that fit this?

I may dupe for friends if we all want a drop. 41.12% ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 81

DMBHovDog posted...
So after reading this thread I looked at my first page of 50 topics...
3 - Duping(argument)
17 - Gameplay ?'s
13 - LF threads
4 - Trade threads
13 - Misc (joke topics, giveaways, etc)

Think the whole 80% of the board is LF topics is a little overblown?

That isn't an accurate enough statistic since you only did 1 page out of 1 instead of out of 1306 (granted I think I set my number of threads to be displayed more than the default -- so it could be more)

I would say in order to make your argument valid and sound, to use the search function and calculate the total number of pages for that search out of the total number of pages on this thread -- individually.

---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#48MosebysRangersPosted 1/31/2013 12:08:42 PM
MosebysRangers posted...

Some reasons why I dupe.

Partially but there are more than one reason why I dupe. The polltaker should had offered I dupe for more than one reason or reasons that may not be listed.
#49MosebysRangersPosted 1/31/2013 12:17:07 PM
Also will add one reason for duping is it is a fast way to move whole character inventories from class to another vs 4 itmes at time. Much easier to drop the stuff in your friends game and come back with the class you want to get it to instead of 4 items at time via secret stash.
#50AngryOldFeralPosted 1/31/2013 12:53:59 PM
Screw duping. Go download Gibbed, and just make the crap that you want so we can stop staring at a billion "LF" threads. If you're not going to play the game normally, this is best for everyone since duping is simply half-assed "cheating" the loot system. With Gibbed you can just construct the weapons you're begging for constantly and not have to bother anyone with your panhandling.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity