Do spawn and drop rates change?

#1OGKaVemanPosted 1/30/2013 4:25:56 PM
I was farming nukem's and was getting the black queen to spawn at least 6 out of 12 times last week, This week I'm getting maybe 1 out of 15. Do they change the spawn rates? Also, When farming I've farmed for hours at a time and then the item I want drops two or three times in a short period of time. What's the deal? Is it completely random or is there divine intervention?
#2capnovanPosted 1/30/2013 4:29:30 PM
well, Gearbox did tweak the spawn rate for Vermiferous a couple of weeks back, along with certain items. So yes, it can happen.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3OGKaVeman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:31:37 PM
capnovan posted...
well, Gearbox did tweak the spawn rate for Vermiferous a couple of weeks back, along with certain items. So yes, it can happen.
does he spawn more frequently or less? I tried getting him for a couple hours and the super badasses never podded. So I gave up.
#4Kamden_TPosted 1/30/2013 4:32:52 PM
Yes they change, I read that on the Gearbox forum the other day. They(Gearbox) will be randomly changing how often each spawnable fight spawns with a different one each day.
#5capnovanPosted 1/30/2013 4:38:22 PM
OGKaVeman posted...
capnovan posted...
does he spawn more frequently or less? I tried getting him for a couple hours and the super badasses never podded. So I gave up.

They had tweaked it to spawn more frequently, but that was right before Hammerlock's DLC dropped. As far as I know they changed it back to what it was shortly after the DLC release.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!