My Badass rank reset... again... Am I doomed to have this happen forever?

#1hotpiercedguyPosted 1/30/2013 4:44:17 PM
I only play same console co-op with my wife. I don't know if that makes me prone to glitches more, but so far my badass rank has been erased twice, and my wifes randomly doubled.

Today I turned on BL2 and saw "We see you have a save file from Borderlands 1" Etc. and I knew right away it had happened again. I DO get my tokens back, although I lost all my skins and heads AGAIN I had re-acquired. I also technically got shorted 5 golden keys.

I feel like this is just going to happen every once in a while. Which is a pretty ****ty feeling. Is there any known "prevention"? Like not signing in her profile until the title screen or something? Has anyone else had multiple erases since after the patch?
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#2OGKaVemanPosted 1/30/2013 5:04:47 PM
I keep having my skill points respec'd when I start my game. No badass rank problems though. I don't know what's going on.
#3hotpiercedguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:06:12 PM
^ That has happened to me once, when my badass rank reset the first time.
---
well good for u i didnt come to ur precious server im not gonna tell u where i am but im not on urs thank you - Sxmfc
#4RjmhartPosted 1/30/2013 5:11:14 PM
I had a problem twice where my level 50 had 17 and 13 skill points. Purchase a reset, still not the normal 46.

TC, create a second profile. I'm on psn, but it probably involves getting a verification email from Microsoft. When you go to split screen, use the second profile. Split screening on the same profile was a main cause of the BA reset.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#5FeeforePosted 1/30/2013 5:16:01 PM
I had the same problem happen to me
I went and did the costumer support all they did was just give me some badass points
they pretty much just said to just re get the heads/skins
---
GT: hantaihobo
#6hotpiercedguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:00:50 PM
What the hell... ok so I also just noticed/realized that I am missing about 1000 badass rank...... how is that? I had well over 10,000 I know for a fact. Now I am at about 9,500. that sucks.... any way to get those back?
---
#7aznghostbusterPosted 1/30/2013 6:50:31 PM
Delete your profile and download it again. I had the same issue before, but ever since I deleted my profile and restored it via xbox live the reset hasn't happened to me.
---
"...Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever..." - GoreGross
#8DMan304Posted 1/30/2013 8:35:04 PM
I had it happen twice, both because of splitscreen.

I started making sure the second player only joined after I had already started playing and make them leave before I save and quit to the menu, and so far I haven't had it happen again. Being on the main menu with the second person still in the game seemed to have something to do with it.
---
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p368/DMan30464/gir.gif
#9Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/30/2013 8:39:05 PM
I had a problem twice where my level 50 had 17 and 13 skill points. Purchase a reset, still not the normal 46.

TC, create a second profile. I'm on psn, but it probably involves getting a verification email from Microsoft. When you go to split screen, use the second profile. Split screening on the same profile was a main cause of the BA reset.

No clue how PSN works, but you can't have two people playing on the same Xbox profile. The second player is either logged into their own profile, or not logged into any profile at all. Some games allow a "guest" but I still don't think this counts as the same profile (for example is second player does something achievement-worthy as a "guest" I don't think it registers for the profile). But regardless, BL2 isn't like that anyway.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#10silverfire7Posted 1/30/2013 8:39:05 PM
OGKaVeman posted...
I keep having my skill points respec'd when I start my game. No badass rank problems though. I don't know what's going on.

this^ its happened 3 times now.
---
"I got a bone, an arrow, and a piece of string, lets f$#@ing go."-trottimus
Official Lucario of the pokemon Y board