The most annoying part of duping to me is...

#1Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/30/2013 7:16:08 PM(edited)
not the fact that it defeats the purpose of a rare weapon being rare. Not going to have that argument again.

It's not even that, in my opinion, it defeats the entire purpose of the game. Again, I'm not going to have that argument anymore.

It's not even that people clutter up these boards. I'm not going to try to stop anyone, so don't read this as an attempt at that.

But stop trying to justify it with comments like how long you had tried farming for the item before you resorted to asking for a dupe, or how you feel like you were owed it for all your hard work. That's not how random works, guys. You're not owed anything.

Edit: By "stop trying to justify it," I mean stop trying to make it sound better to yourself and everyone else. Take it for what it is - it's cheating, and that's fine. As a ton of people have pointed out in the past, this website was made for cheaters. You're in good company. I just can't stand it when people feel like a random number generator owes them an item.

Double edit: And I don't care about how many kids you have, or how many hours a week you work, I don't care how many other legit level 50s you have; the generator still doesn't owe you anything and it's still cheating.

/rant
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#2gjs123Posted 1/30/2013 7:11:27 PM
I'm only level 34, but could you dupe me a level 50 redundant fibber?

/joke
---
XBL: Stormaru
PS3: Stormaru_
#3FalloutgenuisPosted 1/30/2013 7:11:50 PM
Yes.
---
Wub!
GT: RAW DJ
#4capnovanPosted 1/30/2013 7:22:47 PM

these topics
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#5Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:29:33 PM

these topics

What you did there, I see it.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#6the_real_BloomPosted 1/30/2013 7:48:11 PM
This is a cool story

Cool story, bro.
#7Laylow12Posted 1/30/2013 7:52:25 PM
I testify that I'm a cheater because nearly everything I have is a duped item. I also testify that it brings me great joy to play with all these amazing guns, shields and grenades and that the fun I'm having far outweighs any moral issues I have with how I got them.

Applying morals to this game sucks and having fun rules! Nobody is going to look at you and think "Hoo boy, look at that fella there farming his ass off, time after time, just hoping the next kill will reward his efforts."

Imagine going to the racetrack. Your running the car you drove up in, a Chevy truck with 100,000 miles on it. You drive around and around the same track because one of these times, the random lap you run will reward you with a brand new Mustang GT-500 Shelby Cobra. Maybe not though, you could potentially run the track over and over until your eyes bleed and never get the Mustang.

Now here I come in my Chevy truck with 100,000 miles on it. I park that sucker and hop into the Mustang Cobra that somebody gave me and instead of screwing around doing circles, I have the freedom to spend those hours doing whatever I want. Maybe ill look for Mr.Bubbles. Maybe ill look for Timba and Poomba. Maybe ill shoot at a boss for awhile.

But it gets better. Not only do I have the Mustang, I've got a Ferrari a Lexus a Vette and on and on. I can switch cars on the fly depending on the situation and all my time is spent enjoying myself. I've also met some cool guys because, heck, they've given me cars to have fun in! Ill pass along the goodwill and hand out some cars to my fellow racers, wee!

Now my morals are important to me in my real life, but I can enjoy my time in the game world and live with the fact that I'm a cheater in the Borderlands when I'm having this much fun and not banging my head into the wall farming for stuff. It works for me.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8the_real_BloomPosted 1/30/2013 8:06:46 PM
But then TC and Killbot and all the other gaming hipsters will be disappointed in you and butthurt.

It doesn't really sound all that bad.
#9Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:28:33 PM
From: the_real_Bloom | Posted: 1/30/2013 11:06:46 PM | #008
But then TC and Killbot and all the other gaming hipsters will be disappointed in you and butthurt.

Did you even read the OP?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#10killbot357Posted 1/30/2013 8:31:00 PM
the_real_Bloom posted...
herp derp I can't read

also lol if you think I'm ever butthurt about anything that happens on this board, snake
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, The Cave, Paper Mario: Sticker Star