The most annoying part of duping to me is...

#21Laylow12Posted 1/31/2013 11:30:05 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
To me, the most annoying part of duping is when I have a full backpack, and can't carry it all.

Lol
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#22forgotten0285Posted 1/31/2013 11:37:24 AM
When people start getting federal indictments for duping oranges, that is precisely the moment i will start caring about it one way or the other.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#23DesertZeroPosted 1/31/2013 12:44:08 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
To me, the most annoying part of duping is when I have a full backpack, and can't carry it all.

Good show, sir. Good show.
#24Thunderbolt210Posted 1/31/2013 12:46:10 PM
I don't understand how it's cheating...it doesn't effect ur game, it doesn't break the game, and it doesn't alter the experience. Is it cheating because instead of killing a boss 100 times to get an item I asked someone else to give it to me. I could get the item on my own or have some copy it for me but either way the item is in the game

So is it cheating when my teammate dies in call of duty and I pick up his gun that he used with all the attachments and stuff on it, is it cheating when I go online a download the rosters for NCAA football because someone else did all the work naming the rosters.

Duping has been a staple since the first game, gearbox was aware of it and even said they thought it pretty nifty that players were trading and sharing weapons so much so that they added a feature to enhance it in BL2. If they were against it why didn't they stop it in the sequel.
---
Read before you mod
dedicated to the moderators of Gfaqs
#25LunarAmbiencePosted 1/31/2013 12:50:52 PM
It's pure logic. You could either spend the hours, days, possibly weeks trying to get an actual drop of a genuine item, or you could "pretend" you spent all that time and ask for a dupe of the exact same item. What's the difference except you keep the time and everyone who wants to have fun their way is having fun?
---
The above is both true and false.
#26AngryOldFeralPosted 1/31/2013 1:13:54 PM
I've taken my blatant cheating and turned the dial up to eleven, by simply making the guns that I want. This is extremely beneficial for everyone in terms of my remorseless skullduggery. Take, for example:

- I don't hop on here and spam "LF" topics begging people to give me free stuff. The game and I have the understanding that we're not going to work together. BL2 made this apparent after its glitches wiped out one of my characters, and the patches to fix its glitches wiped out my Badass Rank no less than three different times. I responded by learning how to make guns magically appear in my inventory.

- I have all the weapons that I want, with all the parts that I like. This essentially means I just wander around Pandora, melting faces and assisting with quests. I know people ask "Well what's the point? You're ruining the point of the game!" and frankly, they're right. However, this game's variety of gun parts is pathetic compared to BL1's... especially in the sense of Legendaries, which have its barrels/frames hard-coded to always be the same. There's no vast expanse of amazing possibilities of weapon parts combinations that kept me addicted to BL1... just the same stale variations of the same crap, so what I'm ruining for myself is that vague sense of disappointment of knowing "87 Bazillion Guns" marketed is in reality "87 Bazillion Of The Same Damn Thing!". I like to shoot stuff, and that's about it.

- Anything I construct is well within the confines of the game. I don't run around pooping out Black Rarity monsters to ruin the game experience (though you can get the same level of dissatisfaction by playing with Evil Smasher glitchers)... they're simply weapons that are in the game, but with the components that I find preferable.

- Because I don't want anything, this also means I'll never slow down a game by whining about not getting a drop or demanding that we stop what we're doing and dupe the **** out of whatever rare weapon just fell out of a boss's ass. I'm happy with what I have, and am just there for the kill.
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#27PensatoPosted 1/31/2013 1:21:48 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
not the fact that it defeats the purpose of a rare weapon being rare. Not going to have that argument again.

It's not even that, in my opinion, it defeats the entire purpose of the game. Again, I'm not going to have that argument anymore.

It's not even that people clutter up these boards. I'm not going to try to stop anyone, so don't read this as an attempt at that.

But stop trying to justify it with comments like how long you had tried farming for the item before you resorted to asking for a dupe, or how you feel like you were owed it for all your hard work. That's not how random works, guys. You're not owed anything.

Edit: By "stop trying to justify it," I mean stop trying to make it sound better to yourself and everyone else. Take it for what it is - it's cheating, and that's fine. As a ton of people have pointed out in the past, this website was made for cheaters. You're in good company. I just can't stand it when people feel like a random number generator owes them an item.

Double edit: And I don't care about how many kids you have, or how many hours a week you work, I don't care how many other legit level 50s you have; the generator still doesn't owe you anything and it's still cheating.

/rant

I find your crying more annoying than duping.
#28Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:22:44 PM
From: Thunderbolt210 | Posted: 1/31/2013 2:46:10 PM | #024
I don't understand how it's cheating...it doesn't effect ur game, it doesn't break the game, and it doesn't alter the experience. Is it cheating because instead of killing a boss 100 times to get an item I asked someone else to give it to me. I could get the item on my own or have some copy it for me but either way the item is in the game

So is it cheating when my teammate dies in call of duty and I pick up his gun that he used with all the attachments and stuff on it, is it cheating when I go online a download the rosters for NCAA football because someone else did all the work naming the rosters.

Duping has been a staple since the first game, gearbox was aware of it and even said they thought it pretty nifty that players were trading and sharing weapons so much so that they added a feature to enhance it in BL2. If they were against it why didn't they stop it in the sequel.

I sincerely hope dupers and non-dupers alike can come together in order to laugh at your logic.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers
#29Thunderbolt210Posted 1/31/2013 10:41:29 PM
Unpure_Euphoria posted...
From: Thunderbolt210 | Posted: 1/31/2013 2:46:10 PM | #024

I sincerely hope dupers and non-dupers alike can come together in order to laugh at your logic.

im sorry u still haven't explained how its cheating.......in what way does duping give me an unfair advantage in a game made for people to work together...

was it cheating when u had the bee and conference call or was that an exploit. you can laugh at my logic but at least answer the question.
---
Read before you mod
dedicated to the moderators of Gfaqs
#30Unpure_Euphoria(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:49:17 PM
I wouldn't have called the Bee + CC an exploit. Just a broken combo. The developers agreed and nerfed it. It wasn't an exploit in the sense that nothing was coded incorrectly. Their combination was just ludicrously strong in an unforeseen way. If you got the CC and Bee by duping, then yes that's cheating.

Smasher on the other hand is an exploit in the sense that that is not supposed to happen. It's an exploit of some kind of broken piece of code that someone found and, now, people exploit it.

I'm not going to explain to you how taking advantage of a console's features to circumvent a feature of the game is considered cheating. If you want to believe it's not, then lol.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers