gearbox really needs too...

#11VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/31/2013 12:23:02 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Four Skulls posted...
"legitimate" modded weapons.

lol no.
Cheating is cheating, no way around to sugar coat that, even with an oxymoron. A cheater posing as a legitimate player is alot worse than a cheater taking pride in their "skills" -- Some cheaters --based of speculation -- even look down on those "posing" cheaters.

...He meant an item customization system where you break down weapons for their parts, then use those parts to upgrade or customize your equipment, thereby modifying the items.

So yes, it would become a legitimately modded or customized weapon, as opposed to modding like we currently have.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#12TsurukePosted 1/31/2013 12:31:20 PM(edited)
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Four Skulls posted...

lol no.
Cheating is cheating, no way around to sugar coat that, even with an oxymoron. A cheater posing as a legitimate player is alot worse than a cheater taking pride in their "skills" -- Some cheaters --based of speculation -- even look down on those "posing" cheaters.

...He meant an item customization system where you break down weapons for their parts, then use those parts to upgrade or customize your equipment, thereby modifying the items.

So yes, it would become a legitimately modded or customized weapon, as opposed to modding like we currently have.

I would agree to that something like they are doing in dead space 3 but the term "modded" in the game community typically means editing (via 3rd party programs that is not possible to be done by in-game mechanics. Even more so when spoken of in this game) -- unless an in game customization specified the term "modded" in-game (as put in by developers)

That is why I stated what I did.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#13ICantNameGudPosted 1/31/2013 12:33:22 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Four Skulls posted...

lol no.

Rofl how long have you been sitting on that thought that you had to quote that guy out of context and hope no one called you on being ridiculous?

I like that people are still whining about drop-rates and how they hate waiting weeks for a gun to randomly spawn, but refuse to just have that gun copied because hurr durr muh pride. It's a random generator, other people have gotten half a dozen. Enjoy your brick wall though.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#14ICantNameGudPosted 1/31/2013 12:34:45 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Four Skulls posted...

lol no.

I would agree to that something like they are doing in dead space 3 but the term "modded" in the game community typically means editing (via 3rd party programs that is not possible to be done by in-game mechanics. Even more so when spoken of in this game) -- unless an in game customization specified the term "modded" in-game (as put in by developers)

Oh you're one of those blow-hards who doesn't care how foolish they look while they pretend somethig everyone else understood isn't clear. Makes sense, this is the Borderlands 2 forums afterall.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#15Testsubject35Posted 1/31/2013 12:36:20 PM
Give us more stuff to spend Eridium on. We should be able to buy or make E-tech guns or something.
#16VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/31/2013 12:38:12 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Tsuruke posted...
Four Skulls posted...

lol no.

Yes, but he even stated what he wanted, which allowed for inferring the intended use of "modded" by utilizing context clues. He meant customized equipment, which was clearly indicated by the rest of his post. However, you clearly only noticed the words "legitimate" and "modded" together and ran with it, without reading the rest of the post to go with it...
---
#17TsurukePosted 1/31/2013 12:43:57 PM(edited)
Tsuruke posted...

Yes, but he even stated what he wanted, which allowed for inferring the intended use of "modded" by utilizing context clues. He meant customized equipment, which was clearly indicated by the rest of his post. However, you clearly only noticed the words "legitimate" and "modded" together and ran with it, without reading the rest of the post to go with it...

You misunderstand
I clearly read this:

Four Skulls posted...
I was kind of surprised that they didn't add weapon crafting into this one, given how popular weapon modding was in the first one. Make it so the players can create "legitimate" modded weapons.

I know exactly what he meant, but in terms of the exact words. I was saying no to that -- then clarifying my reasoning behind that replying to your post and also agreeing with the OP. You would possibly agree --as far as wording is concerned -- if you have seen the "legitimate" modded weapon threads (especially on this board)
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#18SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 1/31/2013 5:28:18 PM
Tsuruke posted...
Four Skulls posted...

lol no.

I would assume that he meant akin to Skyrim mods.

Of course, it is 'cheating', but that's not the point.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#19vega2505Posted 1/31/2013 5:51:09 PM
They need to make more rare loot increase relics beyond the one you get for pre-ordering...5% extra is barely anything, but I still will never use another relic, because that 5% extra chance is better than nothing.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#20VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/31/2013 6:03:57 PM
vega2505 posted...
They need to make more rare loot increase relics beyond the one you get for pre-ordering...5% extra is barely anything, but I still will never use another relic, because that 5% extra chance is better than nothing.

As I recall, the pre-order Rare Loot Relic didn't actually work, and I don't think they ever bothered to fix it.

Can anyone confirm?
---