Devastator + Gunzerker = YES!

#11IAmDJNinjaStar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:58:30 PM
30%. I figure the fire rate is pretty high already with the gunzerking bonuses and the devastator's hidden fire rate bonus. Plus I already get big bonuses from huckleberry, and crit bonus from lay waste. And the "same gun" bonus from a bit of divergent likeness isn't awful. I make up for the lack of points in the brawn tree with an evolution shield. Makes it tough to die. I go into FFYL once in a while but almost never actually die. I'm sure there are better setups, but this is a blast.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#12getLEVERAGEPosted 1/31/2013 9:08:28 PM
So, should I even go for the double version and sacrifice fire rate, accuracy, etc. ( barely) or just go for the well rounded version?
#13IxblackenedxIPosted 1/31/2013 9:13:25 PM
im currently running a max damage reduct gunzerker utilizing the brawn tree and the middle tree as well as the rough rider shield and a damage reduction relic. the amount of damage you can sponge is ridiculous my buddy and i tested this on many different enemies (terra couldnt even touch us with his tentacles and we only were downed after he had taken 3 or 4 swings at us consecutively) its a beastly set up if you wish to tank like crazy
#14StormWolf12Posted 1/31/2013 9:44:44 PM
It's not doing more DPS than your Harolds, lol.
#15getLEVERAGEPosted 1/31/2013 10:28:20 PM
StormWolf12 posted...

How is it not? Say, for example, you have a 50 Harold a 50 Devastator, with Jakobs grips (extra damge,) and the same attachments (accuracy) the damage is more on the Devastator, plus, you get the increased fire rate, higher mag, and reduced ammo consumption. You're killing things faster and more efficiently. I like it anyway. Thanks, TC
#16capnovanPosted 1/31/2013 10:36:10 PM
getLEVERAGE posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

How is it not? Say, for example, you have a 50 Harold a 50 Devastator, with Jakobs grips (extra damge,) and the same attachments (accuracy) the damage is more on the Devastator, plus, you get the increased fire rate, higher mag, and reduced ammo consumption. You're killing things faster and more efficiently. I like it anyway. Thanks, TC

Harold fires 7 projectiles vs Devastator 2 projectiles
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#17getLEVERAGEPosted 1/31/2013 11:09:45 PM
capnovan posted...
getLEVERAGE posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Harold fires 7 projectiles vs Devastator 2 projectiles

I understand what you're saying. Honestly, I just think it's the same weapon with different gimmicks to make them seem different (obviously). Damage is pretty much the same, the 7 projectiles is subbed out for a burst fire on the Devastator. I've been using both for a little bit and I honestly can't see a difference in DPS, BUT, it does seem that the Devastator can kill quicker, since a higher percent of it's shots actually hit the target.

My conclusion... Harold = excellent crowd control weapon against mobs and larger enemies, and Devastator = excellent single target weapon. Same weapon, really, just different gimmicks to diversify is all.
#18Epic_McDudePosted 1/31/2013 11:40:30 PM
I'm going to try TC's combo on my Gunzerker and see how that works.

And I'm DEFINITELY going to try that Rubi combination. (Hell, Rubi is good for ANY class.)
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#19genesis42Posted 1/31/2013 11:40:44 PM
StormWolf12 posted...

---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#20getLEVERAGEPosted 2/1/2013 12:07:03 AM
Ehh, after some trial runs, dual wielding exact sets of both and mix matching both together there's really no DPS increase that I can see. Gotta love gun gimmicks. Oh well, thanks for the heads up TC, I'll actually keep these things for the sheer hell of it. Mix-matching the Devastator and Harold with "Keep Firing..."" ain't bad though.