Holy crap, playing a tanky build is crazy satisfying

#1Linkmaster2k3Posted 1/31/2013 10:31:21 PM
Siren with a Motion / Harmony hybrid build. 30k shielding and 90k life, 1 second shield delay + 20% shield restored per kill, stupid amounts of hp regen from skills/mod/relic/Evolution Shield, 68% elemental damage resistance from shield, 50% bullet damage reduction. Been playing this build for over an hour and only came close to dying once. Cannot wait for the level cap increase so I can get more hp/shield/life steal/sub-sequence.

Much more fun than being a glass canon with the bee. Highly suggest people give it a try.
---
XBL gamertag/Playstation Network ID:
NerfPaladins06
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 1/31/2013 11:06:51 PM
Yeah, I could tell what you were going for with the items you were asking for. It's not a bad build but I usually only use it for multiplayer support.
---
They're not going to say no because of the implication.
#3Linkmaster2k3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:37:46 PM
It's not meant for support, but rather massive survivability. Support is only a bonus. Survivability isn't really needed in this game as there's no real downside to dying, but it is fun being neigh-immortal.

Anyway here's my build and gear for those interested in knowing. I did get a few messages after posting it.

Build(each skill maxed):
Ward, Suspension, Kinetic Reflection,Inertia, Quicken, Sweet Release, Restoration, Elated, Sutenance. After level cap raises are added get Life Tap and Sub-Sequence.

Build is meant for max self healing, health/shield bonuses, defense, using phase lock longer + more often which in turn means more self healing from locking more and life orbs, and crowd control.

Gear(should be self explanatory):
Shield: Evolution
Mod: Heavenly Nurse
Relic: Blood of the Seraphs or a 50% hp relic
---
NerfPaladins06
#4StormWolf12Posted 1/31/2013 11:55:11 PM
You should get a good evolution.
#5StormWolf12Posted 1/31/2013 11:55:38 PM
Unless that 68% was a typo and you meant 86%.
#6Linkmaster2k3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:39:28 AM
It goes up to 86%? Best I've seen is 80, but sucked in every other aspect.

Well then guess I'll farm the vendor and see if I can find a better one.
---
NerfPaladins06
#7ChicagoTed_Posted 2/1/2013 1:31:06 PM
I use Gaige as a tank, so I went with a high capacity Evolution.

40k Shields
100k Health (140k via Deathrap)
Instant 100% shield regen on kill
4% Health Regen
Deathtrap Aggro Puller
Plus, if I have high Anarchy, things die pretty quick, too.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#8Linkmaster2k3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:00:49 PM
How do you know your hp regen on the shield? or are you using Cooking Up Trouble and Discord? My shield just says it regenerates health while active.
---
NerfPaladins06
#9Four SkullsPosted 2/1/2013 3:29:01 PM
Started using Salvador with the Rough Rider. Seemed decent at first, killing a Savage gives me 60% damage reduction, on top of whatever I get for Gunzerking. However on when I tired to fight my way through the Beatdown to get to Pete's bar, I got dropped every few seconds. Apparently Savages do less damage than Bikers.
#10ChicagoTed_Posted 2/2/2013 3:09:40 AM
Linkmaster2k3 posted...
How do you know your hp regen on the shield? or are you using Cooking Up Trouble and Discord? My shield just says it regenerates health while active.

The 4% is from Cooking Up Trouble being 10/5 using the Legendary Class Mod. I have no idea how much additional healing I get from the Evolution itself, and from Discord.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted