Crazy Luck, Normal Luck, or Pete being Awesome?

#1MystearicaGrantPosted 1/31/2013 9:33:06 PM
So, today, I beat Pete the Invincible for the third time, I'm picking through the loot and crystals, and I see a Siren Class Mod. As it's in the bright middle of the room, I couldn't tell what color the light from it was, I assumed Green, but the item itself didn't fit that... I examine it, Level 50 Legendary Siren.

I have heard of awesome luck people have had with Pete, but... REALLY!? O___O I found a Level 50 Legendary Siren mod from my third Pete kill. Ever. I was playing solo, and I get that beautiful thing without trying. I went in to fight him for the 5 Badass Ranks for killing him 3 times dang it, not to get one of the few Oranges I wanted most XD

Is this Lucky, normal, or just how Pete works?
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#2Linkmaster2k3Posted 1/31/2013 9:36:20 PM
Lucky I guess. Legendary mods aren't that great though. Better off using a purple.
---
XBL gamertag/Playstation Network ID:
NerfPaladins06
#3capnovanPosted 1/31/2013 9:39:39 PM
somewhat normal. Killed him 5-6 last night and he drops a Volcano and a Pyrophobia and a Legendary Hunter mod. Plus some really good Blue class mods. With +6 to certain skills.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 1/31/2013 9:40:34 PM
There is no such thing as luck.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - any game, any gamer! Love games? So do we.
#5MystearicaGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:44:40 PM(edited)
Linkmaster2k3 posted...
Lucky I guess. Legendary mods aren't that great though. Better off using a purple.

Well, I don't know of any Purple mods that would actually boost what I want or that could actually beat out my Legendary Siren. Heck, of the few Purple I've seen for Siren, even my Slayer of Terra mod was better.

That, and even if a better mod exists, I'd have to find it first... not likely XD
---
#6w00dy925Posted 1/31/2013 11:17:46 PM
It wasnt much luck. Its super random with him. He drops oranges for days
#7Master XPosted 1/31/2013 11:22:37 PM
I heard Pete had a crazy better chance to drop Legendary Mods so I went to farm him. Plenty of legendaries and then decided to give up. I'd picked the floor many times (it was covered with greens and blues), and thought "where's my legendary mod?". I decided to do a scoped sweep before leaving and WHAM an orange at the far side of the room. IT WAS A HUNTER LEGENDARY MOD! Weird thing is, I'd swept the place every fight, and the part of the room it was in was a lootsplosion from several rounds ago, and there was no sign it was dropped this round.

NOTE: When dealing with huge rooms of loot, before leaving always give it a sweeping look while zoomed in. It makes it much easier to see individual colors, thus oranges. This has happened to me many times, items so stacked up you just miss an orange, but zoom in? CLARITY.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#8MystearicaGrant(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:30:11 PM(edited)
Ahhh, so it really is just Pete being Awesome then. That's good to know then ^_^

Edit: If I see a light stream, I usually check the item itself. Was all "Wow, hold up a sec" when I saw the Mod XD
---
#9your other dad sayzPosted 2/1/2013 2:41:29 AM
I farmed him earlier today and got 2 legendary mechromancer mods in one drop. That was crazy.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#10_henry14_Posted 2/1/2013 3:24:11 AM
he always drops legendary mods. I got 3 siren ones yesterday after farming for about 1.5 hours. I gave them out to random sirens online. Also got 2 pandemics, logans gun, gub, electric fastball (which sucks) and shock nasty surprise.
---
GAMERTAG:v ACE RIMMER v