C/D - The only time duping is considered acceptable

#1fakesnoop77Posted 2/1/2013 3:53:43 AM
Here is an actual example of something that happened to me the other night. It obviously ended in an argument about duping but the guy arguing might have had a point; -

I was farming Pete with 3 other friends. These friends are people I have actually played with before not only on BL2 but on games like Halo and GOW3. So it's fair to say they were not randoms at all. In regards to duping they are split on the subject.

After a few hectic Pete fights he dropped a Thunderball Fists which I already had but the other guys didn't.

I say "guys whoever wants it is fine by me" None of my friends had it so an argument began about who should have it.

In my opinion, everyone contributed equally to the killing of Pete so who should have it?

It seemed unfair that one person should benefit and two other guys lose out so they decide to dupe it to each other outside of my game I was hosting.

So to sum up..... C/D that this is the only time duping is considered acceptable
---
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape.
#2ApolloAntonPosted 2/1/2013 4:10:12 AM
bs. either you considering it legit or not. none of this just the tip crap.
#3PanopictonguyPosted 2/1/2013 4:13:23 AM
That's how loot works. You could have took them back to sanctuary and told them to turn of badass rank, take off all gear, reset skill points and duel for it with 2 white revolvers like real badasses.

On topic.

Deny, that guns value went from "oh **** I want one," to "eh it's just another pistol." This is a loot game.

If you wanna dupe, by all means dupe. Just as long as you aren't online throwing the notion at everyone you pass by or mass duping it doesn't matter either way.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#4DMBHovDogPosted 2/1/2013 4:19:22 AM
They should implement a coin flip mechanic

A legendary drops, when the player tries to pck it up it registers them as "wanting" the item...after a minute, it randomly selects which player to go to.

So in the TCs case, 2 dudes "pick it up" and then the game randomly awards it to one of them.
#5PanopictonguyPosted 2/1/2013 4:38:28 AM
DMBHovDog posted...
They should implement a coin flip mechanic

A legendary drops, when the player tries to pck it up it registers them as "wanting" the item...after a minute, it randomly selects which player to go to.

So in the TCs case, 2 dudes "pick it up" and then the game randomly awards it to one of them.

That's no different than a random drop. I think it's better if the guy who shows more skill keeping it. There is the duel option in the trade menu.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#6DMBHovDogPosted 2/1/2013 4:40:22 AM
Eh whatever...long live duping I guess
#7KaBoom1322Posted 2/1/2013 4:49:43 AM
fakesnoop77 posted...
Here is an actual example of something that happened to me the other night. It obviously ended in an argument about duping but the guy arguing might have had a point; -

I was farming Pete with 3 other friends. These friends are people I have actually played with before not only on BL2 but on games like Halo and GOW3. So it's fair to say they were not randoms at all. In regards to duping they are split on the subject.

After a few hectic Pete fights he dropped a Thunderball Fists which I already had but the other guys didn't.

I say "guys whoever wants it is fine by me" None of my friends had it so an argument began about who should have it.

In my opinion, everyone contributed equally to the killing of Pete so who should have it?

It seemed unfair that one person should benefit and two other guys lose out so they decide to dupe it to each other outside of my game I was hosting.

So to sum up..... C/D that this is the only time duping is considered acceptable

I do agree that your friends contributed and that they all deserved a reward.It is annoying when you can't agree who gets the weapon but you all deserve it.I can see both sides of the argument why people dupe i don't personally do it but in these circumstances i do agree with them duping the legendary.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/1/2013 5:49:26 AM
when i did play co op, we always went solely off of need. whoever benefited most from the items would get it.

i was a commando - i got ARS and shotguns
he was an assassin - he got pistols and snipers

if it was something else, we went off of who needed the gear upgrade more. or who had taken the last big ticket item.

it worked fine. but neither of us needed every single shiny we saw either. so long as we both could hold our own we were okay.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9KaBoom1322Posted 2/1/2013 5:52:21 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
when i did play co op, we always went solely off of need. whoever benefited most from the items would get it.

i was a commando - i got ARS and shotguns
he was an assassin - he got pistols and snipers

if it was something else, we went off of who needed the gear upgrade more. or who had taken the last big ticket item.

it worked fine. but neither of us needed every single shiny we saw either. so long as we both could hold our own we were okay.

That is a fair way to decide who gets what.
---
Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE!!
#10Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 2/1/2013 7:35:39 AM
C - before anyone who saw my other topic calls me a hypocrite, I have no problem admitting it's cheating.

bs. either you considering it legit or not. none of this just the tip crap.

How is it in black-and-white world?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers