An incremental drop chance for bosses would be awesome

#11DieRomantiicPosted 2/2/2013 8:35:49 AM
SlumberMind posted...
Been farming BNK-3R for heads went in with $600,000 by the time he dropped a legendary (The Sham) I was sitting on $20,000,000.
Still not seen a head drop tho...

Yah the drop rates for those are pretty bad, its easy to farm but still a pain. Managed to get 2 out 4 heads and a sham after a few weeks.. still no space knight tho :(

Drop rates really do suck and seems super tedious to do for a single item but when you finally do it get its a damn good feeling.

Hell Id do bonus objectives everytime if it meant increasing the rate a little.
---
Before the Nightmare
#12lnknprk_45Posted 2/2/2013 9:02:37 AM
Duping.
#13chuckleswoodPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:33 AM
killbot357 posted...
Say Bunker has a 1% chance to drop either the B****, the Sham or a rare head. I'd like a system where if you kill him once, and none of these items drop, his chance for all three is now raised to 2%. If you kill him again and nothing drops, it goes to 3%.

This drop rate could reset if you kill another enemy with a specific loot table (IE killing one of the loaders in Bunker's fight wouldn't reset it, but leaving and killing Doc Mercy would) and it would still keep rare items rare and make farming less tedious.

I'm not saying every drop table increases by 1% per unsuccessful kill. If Doc Mercy's drop rate is 0.027%, it should increase to 0.054%, then to 0.081% and so on.

I'm pretty sure Gearbox will alter drop rates in the future (the weekend with increased rates for shotguns comes to mind) and I think this would be a good way of doing it. Thoughts?

Great idea! I'd be thrilled if Gearbox started doing this. I'm sure they'd make it so the drop rate would max out at a certain point before it got too high tho.
---
GT: chuckleswood
#14TheD1ddlerPosted 2/2/2013 11:37:29 AM
Sounds like final fantasy 12 lol but even then when the chain is maxed out still can require a crapload of time to farm things. Danjuro anyone? This game isn't bad at all compared to that ;-S
---
---
xbl gamertag: xAbsolut Zero
#15Dante729Posted 2/2/2013 1:21:17 PM
I support this idea entirely. I remember thinking something along these lines with Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. I had almost everything, but there were a few things that remained elusive.

For those who don't know, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair had levels (Chapters) with a boss at the end, that, once beaten would cause a golden chest to appear, housing unique items. I thought in that game, an incremental increase would be nice, or perhaps a "token" type system where, once you beat a boss, you get a token for that chapter, and then a store would sell the items from that chapter's boss pool.

For example, a Valmanway +1 drops from Chapter 10, so it could cost 100 Chapter 10 tokens, or something to that effect.

In the end, it is all just pure luck, though it does suck beating a chapter, or killing an enemy so many times without being rewarded, while someone else can come along and beat the chapter or kill the enemy a couple of times and get the drop.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#16capnovanPosted 2/2/2013 2:00:28 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't get people trying to diminish the longevity of the end game. it takes roughly 50 seconds to kill doc mercy. A little over 1 minute with killing reloading. This doesn't keep rare drops rare given the rate at which you can kill enemies.

This also gives people more reason to focus on a single enemy instead of playing the game as a whole. It's like some of you have never played a loot game before in your lives. The moment you get all the rares you want the loot hunt is over. What are you in such a rush for to end the hunt? This has nothing to do with having a life or lack of time, it's not like this game will cease to exist.

If you get bored and don't wanna play because you can't get rares and stop playing because of this loot games obviously aren't your thing. Increasing drop rates defeats the purpose IMO. Also on a final note.

TL;DR: PLAY HOW YOU WANT. This is just an opinion.

There is a fine line Gearbox has to walk between being rewarding and being maddeningly frustrated. They did a good job in Borderlands 1 (before Knoxx's Armory & Crawmerax) In this, not so much. If you're gonna dangle the carrot, you gotta let us get the carrot every once in a while. I'm not suggesting (and neither is killbot, or others) that every time I kill [INSERT BOSS NAME] I get his Legendary. But killing a boss 100+ times for 1 item is the definition of tedium. And few people find tedium fun.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#17Laylow12Posted 2/2/2013 4:10:59 PM
capnovan posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't get people trying to diminish the longevity of the end game. it takes roughly 50 seconds to kill doc mercy. A little over 1 minute with killing reloading. This doesn't keep rare drops rare given the rate at which you can kill enemies.

This also gives people more reason to focus on a single enemy instead of playing the game as a whole. It's like some of you have never played a loot game before in your lives. The moment you get all the rares you want the loot hunt is over. What are you in such a rush for to end the hunt? This has nothing to do with having a life or lack of time, it's not like this game will cease to exist.

If you get bored and don't wanna play because you can't get rares and stop playing because of this loot games obviously aren't your thing. Increasing drop rates defeats the purpose IMO. Also on a final note.

There is a fine line Gearbox has to walk between being rewarding and being maddeningly frustrated. They did a good job in Borderlands 1 (before Knoxx's Armory & Crawmerax) In this, not so much. If you're gonna dangle the carrot, you gotta let us get the carrot every once in a while. I'm not suggesting (and neither is killbot, or others) that every time I kill [INSERT BOSS NAME] I get his Legendary. But killing a boss 100+ times for 1 item is the definition of tedium. And few people find tedium fun.

That's why we dupe! Yeeeeah! Keep it on the down-low..
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#18ICantNameGudPosted 2/2/2013 4:16:07 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't get people who do anything different from myself(...)

Wow, I'm shocked by this hitherto unseen level hypocrisy! Then I read your signature and nearly fainted.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#19PanopictonguyPosted 2/2/2013 4:17:57 PM
The reward is the experience. If the loot in loot games was guaranteed it wouldn't be worth much. The reason people want these things so much is because of the rarity. On top of this that's about all there is to come back for.

In FF you can increase the odds dramatically because there's far more to the game than loot. In games like this playing around with different builds can only hold you for so long.

once you get all the stuff and you play with it for awhile then what? What will you do?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#20PanopictonguyPosted 2/2/2013 4:29:10 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
I don't get people who do anything different from myself(...)

Wow, I'm shocked by this hitherto unseen level hypocrisy! Then I read your signature and nearly fainted.

You have reading comprehension issues.

In order for my sig to be hypocritical I'd have to be demanding they change the game to fit my taste as if it were made for me. I've made no demands and asked for nothing to be changed. I could call you a hypocrite since you claim duping and exploits improve the game and longevity, yet you moved on to other games a long time ago.

I know you feel witty constantly referring to my sig, but please for the love of god know what you're talking about.

And I understand why people do things differently. You can be as different as you want. But if it seems stupid I'll point it out. I.e. taking the loot hunt out of a loot game. If you're casual about gaming and videos games are mother more than a $60 ride to you ignore my post. I'm not trying to change your mind or flip your world upside down. I'm here for discussion. I'm sorry my difference of opinion makes you feel bad about your decisions, get over it.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.