Melee Zero rules my world...

#1Jambi_ManPosted 2/2/2013 10:50:42 AM
The character that I wrote off in September, has become my favorite. A melee build Zero is by far the most fun and exciting way to kill for me. If you use deception right, he can wreck everything. I'll go even further by saying he's my favorite character from BL2 AND BL1. Anyone else feel the same? If you aren't feeling him, I'd like to know why.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#2Komander21Posted 2/2/2013 11:12:06 AM
Whats your loadout and equipment?
---
I am the Komander. I Komand you. GT: I Farm Lead
#3VerbelKentPosted 2/2/2013 11:14:04 AM
Yeah I like the melee build till this last DLC....or well the last raid boss
---
GT-EspadaZaraki
#4StormWolf12Posted 2/2/2013 11:39:19 AM
Lol, Vorac?

About 1 in every 20 attempts, I can melee solo him.
#5_henry14_Posted 2/2/2013 11:54:51 AM
ive always been put off melee zero, but i think i am going to give him a shot to see what all the fuss is about
---
GAMERTAG:v ACE RIMMER v
#6CoolBeansAvlPosted 2/2/2013 12:00:22 PM
I love melee Zer0 personally. It always seems like more people are mostly into Cunning-Bore Zer0.
---
http://i.imgur.com/98y63.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yOcp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wdX6S.jpg
#7DieRomantiicPosted 2/2/2013 12:06:50 PM
I made both characters (cunning+bore/melee) and i gotta say melee is definately more fun.

Haven gotten the full gear to make it truly effective tho.
---
Before the Nightmare
#8Jambi_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:08:02 PM
Komander21 posted...
Whats your loadout and equipment?

There's still equipment that I haven't acquired yet, that would make it better... But, I have a good amount of nice stuff to use.

My build goes like this...

Legendary Hunter Class Mod - The only top skill you don't get is optics, which I care none for, so it's perfect for me. Gives +5 in great melee skills like iron hand, killing blow, and counter strike. Also I like the crit hit bonus from headshot. I try to get as much deception cooldown as possible, so the +35% there is nice.

I start off by using most of the Cunning tree...
10/5 fast hands- reload & swap speed is great. Swap especially for melee, so I can switch quicker to my melee specific weapons
6/5 c0unter strike
5/5 ambush
5/5 rising sh0t
5/5 innervate- I go for as much health regen as possible
5/5 tw0 fang- basically a fire rate bonus
1/1 death bl0ss0m- kunai rocks

then I go for a few in Bloodshed...
6/5 killing bl0w
10/5 ir0n hand
5/5 f0ll0wthr0ugh
1/1 execute- i call it drill dash, and it's my personal favorite skill. It's just fun, and awesome
5/5 resurgence-more health regen

finish it off with one in Sniping...
6/5 headsh0t- crit damage is always good IMO, only have to put 1 point there.

Some of the equipment I use...

Flame of the Firehawk shield- using melee, you're always close to enemies. By building a good amount of health regen, you can justify the longer recharge delay. It wrecks guys constantly during that time. I try to use one with a shorter delay, though.

Cooldown relic- I want to use deception as much as I can

I don't like Area of Effect grenades with this build. It can be dangerous. I prefer a transfusion type, leeches work ok. Fire for humans, corrosive for loaders. I actually enjoy using slag Fuster Clucks. They're quick acting, and throw a nice slag spread in front of me.

Guns...
Torgue Ravager shotty- that's a staple for me. Always equipped. deception in, kunaii, melee, Ravager....love that combo

Rapier- switch to it for melee attacks, for some dumb reason. I don't know, maybe it's the 200% melee damage bonus??

After that, I'll use different stuff. The Maggie is always good in any circumstance. The B**ch is great from a longer range. And a White Death for all out destruction from afar, until it's out of ammo that is.

That's just what I do, I know there are better setups out there, but this works well for me. I'm looking out for a good version of the Rubi, and I'm excited to implement that into my gameplan.
---
#9TsurukePosted 2/2/2013 12:26:02 PM
TC might I suggest the Rough Rider Shield for your Melee Zer0.

Its awesome for him.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#10Jambi_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:54:32 PM
Tsuruke posted...
TC might I suggest the Rough Rider Shield for your Melee Zer0.

Its awesome for him.

I've been hearing about it quite a bit lately, but I haven't done the Hammerlock DLC yet. Still spending time in other areas.....but thanks for the good word! That's definitely going on my 'need to get that asap' list.
---