This game is garbage

#1Psycroptic79Posted 2/2/2013 12:21:20 PM
So the gameplay and weapons and graphics are fun. But there's one feature that is completely ridiculous and unless someone can tell me that I'm missing something, then I'm going to sell it ASAP.

I play through the game and follow claptrap, killing Boom and Bewm. The little machine scans me and gives me the blue "your game is saved icon". I assumed that the game is saved and shut down for the night. Now, this morning I turn it on and it started me all the way back where the first fast travel machine is, and it saved the fact that I'm out ammo, but when I go all the way to catch up with claptrap I have to kill everyone again, including the Boom guys. So it saves that I'm out of ammo and that I've got new loot but they don't save my location progress or the boss kills? Terrible.
#2sonofkorolPosted 2/2/2013 12:24:24 PM
It saves progress as in mission progress, the area you were in, etc. Enemies respawn once you start up the game again. It'd be stupid to clear a place out then have a leisurely walk through every time you do another mission in that area. Most bosses respawn, enemies respawn, etc. It's the way the game works. Otherwise you'd never have enough to kill or loot to level up and upgrade to get to new areas. This game would be exceedingly boring if you could just run around empty areas because you cleared it out once.
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#3CoolBeansAvlPosted 2/2/2013 12:24:28 PM
Lol.

You always start at either a Fast Travel Station or the entrance to an area, not the auto-save points scattered throughout. Bosses and enemies respawn so you can farm for their loot.
---
http://i.imgur.com/98y63.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yOcp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wdX6S.jpg
#4IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 2/2/2013 12:27:17 PM
Looks like someone needs to take a trip and sell the game now. Seriously, it bothers you that much? Crazy...
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#5Autumn_OfferingPosted 2/2/2013 12:27:17 PM
already crying about having to kill things/play the game with enemies you encounter less than an hour into the game.

/shouldsell
#6Psycroptic79(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:29:04 PM
I get how it works but having to rekill the bosses is pretty dumb. It should at least save that. I can't think of any other game, open world or linear, that you have to kill the boss every time you go through an area you've been to before. AKA like every game ever from Metroid to Skyrim. I'll give it another shot with an open mind but I can see that getting really annoying.
#7stickboy2323Posted 2/2/2013 12:31:37 PM
CoolBeansAvl posted...
Bosses and enemies respawn so you can farm for their loot.

---
Badass Rank: 0
#8sonofkorolPosted 2/2/2013 12:34:01 PM
Psycroptic79 posted...
I get how it works but having to rekill the bosses is pretty dumb. It should at least save that. I can't think of any other game, open world or linear, that you have to kill the boss every time you go through an area you've been to before. AKA like every game ever from Metroid to Skyrim. I'll give it another shot with an open mind but I can see that getting really annoying.

Yeah. I hate the fact that you can farm bosses for XP, legendary weapons, rare drop heads and skins, etc. It's an awful feature and they should take it out. I wish I had only one 0.005% chance of the gun I want dropping per playthrough. I think that would really add to the gameplay. Because I hate getting powerful guns in FPS adventure games. It completely takes the fun out of it to get a really awesome weapon and feel empowered using it. I totally agree. They should make it so you only get to get the xp and low drop rate chance for a boss once. It would make this game so much more fun!

Hold on... Just a sec...

http://goo.gl/SPBuv
---
>X< Leader of The Dream Team >X<
"A game moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and teabag once in a while, you could miss it."
#9IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 2/2/2013 12:36:42 PM(edited)
Dude that's how you have a chance to score better loot, by fighting bosses more than once. Wouldn't it suck if you had one chance and only one chance per playthrough to score a legendary? Now that would get on my nerves real quick. Plus once you get to raid boss Pete in torgue DLC (if you have it) or even the warrior, you'll thank god for them being able to respawn so easily. Lastly, most bosses and enemies aren't too tough to beat multiple times. Most levels aren't so big you couldn't explore them in entirety in around a half hour. Is this game that hard already for you? Not trying to make fun of you at all, but if this stuff upsets you, this is NOT the game for you.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#10Jambi_ManPosted 2/2/2013 12:36:29 PM
Yup, that's how it works. Did you expect the Borderlands sandman to visit your game while you slept, to sprinkle magical ammo everywhere?? It's called a spawn checkpoint. The game has them spread out in different locations. If you play the game long enough, you'll know how to spot them. The game saves your character in between checkpoints though, allowing you to quit and keep the loot you have picked up. But upon returning, you will always spawn at the closest checkpoint, not the exact spot where it saved. And sometimes, you will have to fight a few guys over again. I look at that as a good thing, it allows me to murder a few more bandits. Seriously, you seem to be whining about a fairly silly thing. That is one of the easiest parts in the whole game, and if it's giving you that much trouble, then maybe you should go play something else. Something a bit easier....trust me, we won't miss you
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....