I can't believe some people think TT is racist....

#11gamezrochardPosted 2/2/2013 9:32:06 PM
She's repetitive, and cliche, but I don't think she's boring, and hardly racist.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#12bluehat94Posted 2/2/2013 9:39:20 PM(edited)
Any one else find it funny that the people bringing it up are white?

Frankly, I enjoyed the character, obviously not everyone does, but she's definitely not racist, shes kind of a mix of a white kid from the suburbs, hyperactive pre-teen, and various memes.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#13Luna_Diviner7Posted 2/2/2013 9:38:53 PM
I LOVE how within those tweets he says "wait, it's racist because she's white?" and no one gives a legitimate response. People are picking out these supposedly "racist" remarks and ignoring the rest. She is definitely a mix of stereotypes, but people only get offended by the "black" stereotypes.

Absolutely disgusting.
#14shyahonePosted 2/2/2013 9:44:06 PM
I don't care about the racist stuff. I would like them to change it anyway because Tiny Tina's personality does not match her character at all.

Why would a girl who watched her parents die horrific deaths grow up to act like a generic psycho? She does not act like a traumatized for life child at all.
#15MoukaryuuPosted 2/2/2013 9:44:10 PM
The only people who think this is racist are those whites who, for some reason, feel guilty about anything that might be perceived as racist by even a single black person. It's a reflex action now that has become, in and of itself, racist. By assuming that every black person will or should be offended by something that not a single black person has been offended by, aren't they making a prejudicial assumption about black people? That they're all ready to jump the gun and play the race card at any opportunity?

The point is, in this day and age, with as much lingo cross contamination and pop culture as there is, there is no way anyone should find this racist. There's nothing about TTs character that is making fun of black people or anyone else who uses that lingo. It's just part of who her character is. I really hope Burch doesn't cave, but Gearbox is a business, and even though Randy agrees with him, if the numbers fall and enough of a stink is made, TT will be censored.

By the way, I hate TT because she's a stupid character. I say this as a fan of HAWP and Anthony Burch's writing. She just grates on my nerves. It's probably because I'm an English snob and not a big fan of slang in general. That being said, she is established as a part of this universe, and to change her would be to change the game. Leave her alone.
---
Joy puking my face off
#16resealablePosted 2/2/2013 9:45:57 PM
I'd like to see them react to Cindy Mcphearson.

A small sample should you not know.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HzFW8VbRHpg&feature=related
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will send me into a downward spiral of infinite despair.
#17VampLordAdamaruPosted 2/2/2013 9:51:41 PM
Frankly, I find it hilarious that the only people pissing and moaning are white, while the black people are just like, "Um, it's not racist, you're just an idiot."

And, in my personal opinion, if you find it racist for a character in a video game that happens to be white uses stereotypical ebonics and slang, it's because YOU are actually the racist one for assuming that other ethnicities cannot use it, or that you're basically implying that all black people talk that way.

I happen to know quite a few black people that are extremely well-spoken, while simultaneously knowing a number of white folks that use slang constantly, sound like utter morons, and act like they're thugs.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#18MoukaryuuPosted 2/2/2013 10:02:05 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Frankly, I find it hilarious that the only people pissing and moaning are white, while the black people are just like, "Um, it's not racist, you're just an idiot."

And, in my personal opinion, if you find it racist for a character in a video game that happens to be white uses stereotypical ebonics and slang, it's because YOU are actually the racist one for assuming that other ethnicities cannot use it, or that you're basically implying that all black people talk that way.

I happen to know quite a few black people that are extremely well-spoken, while simultaneously knowing a number of white folks that use slang constantly, sound like utter morons, and act like they're thugs.

^^ This
---
Joy puking my face off
#19VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/2/2013 11:07:09 PM
"Those whites," Really? There is more racism going on in this discussion then anything else. Why do you have to be a specific color to have a problem with what this topic is discussing, seriously.
#20bluehat94Posted 2/2/2013 11:18:59 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
"Those whites," Really? There is more racism going on in this discussion then anything else. Why do you have to be a specific color to have a problem with what this topic is discussing, seriously.

Because when you're accusing someone of racism and the people of the race that is supposedly being prejudiced towards not only disagree but feel you're overreacting, there's something wrong there.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."