I can't believe some people think TT is racist....

#41dayj15Posted 2/3/2013 1:53:29 PM
I do agree that she is cliche. If there's something I can't stand, it's when people over exaggerate the use of slang, in hopes of adding some sort of "Extra Cool Factor" to it. For example, there's this lady at my job who, every-time she sees me says "Wussuuuuuup!?" in a tone that gets higher as she continues. It bothers the poop out of me. Or when people use slang in a way that doesn't come off as organic. Like when some of my friends say "Oh snap!" and incorporate a hand gesture of some sort to once again add some "Extra Cool Factor".

Yes, I am Black and all, and I in no way side with the notion of people who slam those for "Acting Black". There's a difference between a state of being, "Black" and acting in a way that reflects your upbringing and influences. That being said, I sincerely hope that moving forward, developers have an even more open mind about the personalities they want characters to have, instead of looking for that "Extra Cool Factor" that thus far, has made them look like ignorant "Racists". People say or do things because they don't think that it's a problem. When instead they should educate themselves before offending or decided for others that they will be okay with what is portrayed.
---
Xbox 360 GT: I KiD ViCiOuS I
PSVITA: CoMpLeX_EniGMa
#42tony8669Posted 2/3/2013 2:03:07 PM
and1ballr posted...
People sais that the Avatar movie was racist. I think society meeds to get together, and dig the sand out their vajayjays.

Technically the complaint about it wasn't that it was racist, but that it was part of the "only a white guy can save us now" trope.

But it wasn't really a fit, because if you watch the story, most of the problems the guy was trying to "save" them from were problems he himself created. In a way it was about white guy makes a huge mess, then white guy finds a conscience and tries to undo the damage he did.

Although really, that huge tree being destroyed was pretty darned big, not even sure kicking the humans off the planet was worth that cost. And the only reason the fight at the end even happened was because they saw he was combining all the aliens into one huge army.

Anyway. Point is, the complaint wasn't even remotely a valid complaint.
#43GameplayingpersonPosted 2/3/2013 2:20:54 PM
it's a bunch of people overcompensating over an undeserved feeling of guilt. I didn't enslave anyone and I sure as heck didn't oppress anyone. She's talking like a fool and using stupid words. she's a KID! They do that sort of stuff. Attributing poor verbal habits to a particular ethnicity is incredibly racist.

I feel obligated to say I have not yet reached TT in the story yet. She does seem very annoying, but the stuff she's saying that I saw in the related kotaku video was rather humorous.

At any rate, if these people really want to legitimately reduce racism, then they have no choice but to reduce themselves...to...umm, not living, yeah!, for they truly are racist.
---
#44Hanzou74Posted 2/3/2013 2:23:41 PM
I'm only a racist because i despise the entirety of the human race. Face it, we're a failed experiment.

I could give a crap less about anyone's divergent evolutionary traits.
#45stepinstonesPosted 2/3/2013 4:12:31 PM
Hanzou74 posted...
I'm only a racist because i despise the entirety of the human race. Face it, we're a failed experiment.

NINGNINGNINGNINGNINGNINGNING
WE HAVE A WINNER
---
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9354443/
Im a Furry and i get all dem ladies. You jelly bro?
#46F_GalikanokusPosted 2/4/2013 3:12:05 AM
Hanzou74 posted...

But if you despise everyone equally then you aren't really racist
---
"This is America. Kidnapping a Christian? That's worse than harboring a fugitive."
#47BDJaycePosted 2/4/2013 4:06:48 AM
She's a young girl who watched her parents die and now lives alone on a planet full of insane rapist murderers.. her own mental stability is in question but she seems quite normal all things considered..
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#48Argyle_GargoylePosted 2/4/2013 6:22:01 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Frankly, I find it hilarious that the only people pissing and moaning are white, while the black people are just like, "Um, it's not racist, you're just an idiot."

And, in my personal opinion, if you find it racist for a character in a video game that happens to be white uses stereotypical ebonics and slang, it's because YOU are actually the racist one for assuming that other ethnicities cannot use it, or that you're basically implying that all black people talk that way.

I happen to know quite a few black people that are extremely well-spoken , while simultaneously knowing a number of white folks that use slang constantly, sound like utter morons, and act like they're thugs.

a good example of this would be roland. the preeminent black character in the game. he is a upstanding, well spoken leader who inspires others to fight against tyranny.

doesnt seem like such a terrible representative for black people in the game if you ask me.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#49MrMikeMaPosted 2/4/2013 6:45:54 AM
I love how Tiny Tina is introduced by singing a nursery rhyme as she blows up a bandit, and then some silly white people tweet they are "uncomfortable" with the way she talks because she comes off as racist? Really? In an "M" rated game no less.

Seriously, beam me up Scotty. there is no intelligent life down here.
#50KaBoom1322Posted 2/4/2013 6:48:35 AM
BDJayce posted...
She's a young girl who watched her parents die and now lives alone on a planet full of insane rapist murderers.. her own mental stability is in question but she seems quite normal all things considered..

^
---
You know what's better than playing video games?Not being a woman!