I can't believe some people think TT is racist....

#51PanopictonguyPosted 2/4/2013 6:57:00 AM
dayj15 posted...
I do agree that she is cliche. If there's something I can't stand, it's when people over exaggerate the use of slang, in hopes of adding some sort of "Extra Cool Factor" to it. For example, there's this lady at my job who, every-time she sees me says "Wussuuuuuup!?" in a tone that gets higher as she continues. It bothers the poop out of me. Or when people use slang in a way that doesn't come off as organic. Like when some of my friends say "Oh snap!" and incorporate a hand gesture of some sort to once again add some "Extra Cool Factor".

Yes, I am Black and all, and I in no way side with the notion of people who slam those for "Acting Black". There's a difference between a state of being, "Black" and acting in a way that reflects your upbringing and influences. That being said, I sincerely hope that moving forward, developers have an even more open mind about the personalities they want characters to have, instead of looking for that "Extra Cool Factor" that thus far, has made them look like ignorant "Racists". People say or do things because they don't think that it's a problem. When instead they should educate themselves before offending or decided for others that they will be okay with what is portrayed.

I'm confused are you saying you hate that they are trying to give her that "extra cool factor" or are you mad they are making fun of blond hair blue eyed petite white girls trying to use slang as the "extra cool factor?"
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#52H_Panic22Posted 2/4/2013 7:27:48 AM
and1ballr posted...
People sais that the Avatar movie was racist. I think society meeds to get together, and dig the sand out their vajayjays.

Or did you mean the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" racism? Although in that case it was more the issue of the casting director "whitewashing " the characters. We had a pair of Eskimo children, a Tibetan Monk, the entire Fire Nation no longer being Asian, and within that, the Uncle of a now East Indian prince is Caucasian.

Now, the entire movie is a catastrophe for other reasons (like mispronounced names) but several groups rightly took offense to every central character's ethnicity being changed, and the studio didn't really offer a reason for it.

Point being, racism exists, but Tina is just a stupid kid. Anyone that knows a 13 year old knows they pick up things they hear and tend to be annoying in long conversations. She isn't a racist depiction at all...she just watches too much TV.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#53Jambi_ManPosted 2/4/2013 10:26:30 AM
These types of things will never go away. Human nature takes over, and forces people to point fingers, blame others for their crappy lives, and find a way to find fault in others, to make themselves feel 'right', or to justify their own opinions. The racism card gets played whenever it can, and makes true equality impossible to achieve. The fact is, that kids growing up today are spoon fed whatever the media gives them... then, when these kids get older and talk like they were taught to, it becomes racist....amazing. True racism does exist, and it's terrible, but things like this are detrimental towards any progress to make things better.
---
TOOLarmy 4 life. Spiral Out.....
#54dayj15Posted 2/9/2013 1:50:09 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
dayj15 posted...
I do agree that she is cliche. If there's something I can't stand, it's when people over exaggerate the use of slang, in hopes of adding some sort of "Extra Cool Factor" to it. For example, there's this lady at my job who, every-time she sees me says "Wussuuuuuup!?" in a tone that gets higher as she continues. It bothers the poop out of me. Or when people use slang in a way that doesn't come off as organic. Like when some of my friends say "Oh snap!" and incorporate a hand gesture of some sort to once again add some "Extra Cool Factor".

Yes, I am Black and all, and I in no way side with the notion of people who slam those for "Acting Black". There's a difference between a state of being, "Black" and acting in a way that reflects your upbringing and influences. That being said, I sincerely hope that moving forward, developers have an even more open mind about the personalities they want characters to have, instead of looking for that "Extra Cool Factor" that thus far, has made them look like ignorant "Racists". People say or do things because they don't think that it's a problem. When instead they should educate themselves before offending or decided for others that they will be okay with what is portrayed.

I'm confused are you saying you hate that they are trying to give her that "extra cool factor" or are you mad they are making fun of blond hair blue eyed petite white girls trying to use slang as the "extra cool factor?"

They tried to give that to her.
---
Xbox 360 GT: I KiD ViCiOuS I
PSVITA: CoMpLeX_EniGMa