Tiny Tina accused of conveying racism!

#1sight094Posted 2/4/2013 3:38:28 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/04/borderlands-2s-tiny-tina-accused-of-conveying-racism-writer-says-he-may-change-her-in-future/

Quite INteresting...
#2genesis42Posted 2/4/2013 4:07:27 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/65351528
---
GT: SevenDeadIySin
#3twicedamcPosted 2/4/2013 4:56:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4F_GalikanokusPosted 2/4/2013 4:59:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5CORNBRE4DPosted 2/4/2013 5:07:06 AM
It's actually more racist to label her language with a race...

This language can literally be used by any young easily influenced Nikki Minaj fan, and she has fans of several different races.

So for them to think "black people" by Tina's speech rather then "Young hip hop fan" which extends far outside of "black people" is stereotypical racism.

Tina is awesome, leave her alone.
---
Twitter.com/CORNBRE4D - XBOX LIVE: it is Cornbread
Music: http://www.datpiff.com/profile/IX_Cornbread_XI
#6PanopictonguyPosted 2/4/2013 6:02:51 AM
CORNBRE4D posted...

This language can literally be used by any young easily influenced Nikki Minaj fan, and she has fans of several different races.

So for them to think "black people" by Tina's speech rather then "Young hip hop fan" which extends far outside of "black people" is stereotypical racism.

Except for the fact Nikkk Minaj is extremely articulate and uses very little ebonics.

The way she speaks is a reflection of old hip hop slang. Most new age rappers who are not from the south use very little slang.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#7Luna_Diviner7Posted 2/4/2013 6:32:45 AM
Panopictonguy posted...
CORNBRE4D posted...

Except for the fact Nikkk Minaj is extremely articulate and uses very little ebonics.

The way she speaks is a reflection of old hip hop slang. Most new age rappers who are not from the south use very little slang.

"Lick my ass and anus cuz I'm finally famous"

You think she is extremely articulate?? Dude, what is wrong with you. I pity you so much, I won't even be mean about this.
#8StormWolf12Posted 2/4/2013 6:49:41 AM
You's a stupid ho, you's a, you's a stupid ho.

I beez in the trap, beez beez in the trap.
#9StormWolf12Posted 2/4/2013 6:55:50 AM
"Sitted on em…put ya #2s in the air if you did it on em…”
#10PanopictonguyPosted 2/4/2013 7:06:47 AM
Luna_Diviner7 posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
CORNBRE4D posted...

"Lick my ass and anus cuz I'm finally famous"

You think she is extremely articulate?? Dude, what is wrong with you. I pity you so much, I won't even be mean about this.

Which part of that is ebonics or a poor use if grammar?

You're upset at her choice of words? She's saying "kiss my ass I'm famous now."
would you have preferred her to just say that? I think it would have between a tad bit bland.

On top of this you're quoting lyrics from a song. I'm talking about how she actually speaks during interviews. Just because you don't like someone or things they do doesn't mean you have to be delusional.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.