Tiny Tina accused of conveying racism!

#51PanopictonguyPosted 2/4/2013 9:46:10 AM
EnforcerICE posted...
Panopictonguy posted...
StormWolf12 posted...
"Sitted on em…put ya #2s in the air if you did it on em…”

"did better than them. Put up a peace sign if you did better than them."

I may just have a dirty mind, but this is NOT the translation I received.

He's using "sitted" in place of a banned word.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#52dragonkyn20Posted 2/4/2013 9:51:42 AM
"Shut up, you ain't even black!"

^ I think this sums up the reactions rather nicely.
---
PSN: dragonkyn20
Official Abyss Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#53TwCabl3Posted 2/4/2013 9:53:48 AM
forgotten0285 posted...
TwCabl3 posted...
This topic lost me at the severe lack of respect for Tupac's lyrical skill and ability to convey profound messages through his music. He IS a poet. There is no debate there.

Also someone saying "sounds like Bone Thugs and Harmony" as if that could ever be a bad thing.

Lets kill two birds with one stone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHTFiiYLHA this song is hip hop perfection.

LMAO @ listening to rap music for profound poetic messages. hip hop is about great beats, dynamic word play and making people move. i dont recall a single tupac song because none of those songs are memorable and the beats arent that good.

Whereas Biggie had multiple songs that are basically "Thriller" status for enduring and being timeless. When I'm old and in the old folks prison, I'll still be hearing "Hypnotize" on a regular basis. Tupac's music doesn't have that enduring legacy, so much as his persona does. I don't give a crap about persona. I just want heady music.

I never said that was my reason for listening to him, I said its undeniable that he is a poet. On the subject of his poetry I was more referring to the HARDCOVER BOOKS OF COLLECTED TUPAC POETRY. The same ones they teach entire colleges courses around. The same ones they made a movie out of.

If you don't recall a single Tupac song then you simply aren't a fan of rap/hip hop. Period. Even people that hate him know all the words to "Dear Mama", "Changes" or "California Love" (beats aren't that good?? give me a break).

Anyway, to each his own. I don't care for Biggie even though I'm born and raised in New York City where some might consider that blasphemy (another amazing Pac song btw).

Oh and Nas is the greatest to ever do it.
---
XBL Gamertag- cabald
#54PanopictonguyPosted 2/4/2013 9:53:49 AM
forgotten0285 posted...
TwCabl3 posted...
This topic lost me at the severe lack of respect for Tupac's lyrical skill and ability to convey profound messages through his music. He IS a poet. There is no debate there.

Also someone saying "sounds like Bone Thugs and Harmony" as if that could ever be a bad thing.

Lets kill two birds with one stone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSHTFiiYLHA this song is hip hop perfection.

LMAO @ listening to rap music for profound poetic messages. hip hop is about great beats, dynamic word play and making people move. i dont recall a single tupac song because none of those songs are memorable and the beats arent that good.

Whereas Biggie had multiple songs that are basically "Thriller" status for enduring and being timeless. When I'm old and in the old folks prison, I'll still be hearing "Hypnotize" on a regular basis. Tupac's music doesn't have that enduring legacy, so much as his persona does. I don't give a crap about persona. I just want heady music.

Tupac really put poetry to music. His lyrics are timeless imo. The reason a lot of people didn't want to believe he was dead was because what he wrote could be applied to any time period and his inspired unreleased tracks would have people thinking he just wrote it when it got released.

I believe biggie was a better lyricist and made better music just to jam to. Pac was like an artist. He face you something to listen to, think about, and feel. Tupac inspired strong emotions.
---
#55PanopictonguyPosted 2/4/2013 9:55:09 AM
TwCabl3 posted...
forgotten0285 posted...
TwCabl3 posted...

I never said that was my reason for listening to him, I said its undeniable that he is a poet. On the subject of his poetry I was more referring to the HARDCOVER BOOKS OF COLLECTED TUPAC POETRY. The same ones they teach entire colleges courses around. The same ones they made a movie out of.

If you don't recall a single Tupac song then you simply aren't a fan of rap/hip hop. Period. Even people that hate him know all the words to "Dear Mama", "Changes" or "California Love" (beats aren't that good?? give me a break).

Anyway, to each his own. I don't care for Biggie even though I'm born and raised in New York City where some might consider that blasphemy (another amazing Pac song btw).

Oh and Nas is the greatest to ever do it.

I hate Nas...-_-
---
#56Android21APosted 2/4/2013 9:56:21 AM(edited)
Saying Tiny Tina is being racist against African Americans is like saying Firefly is racist against the Chinese. Just because she talks a certain way or uses a certain dialect, it does not convey (directly or indirectly) any kind of racism.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No
#57Steelboy87Posted 2/4/2013 9:56:31 AM
Hahahahaha the guy on the first page thought Nicki Minaj was articulate, oh that's a good one.
---
-Ace-
#58TwCabl3Posted 2/4/2013 9:57:20 AM
@Panopictonguy

Couldn't agree more. I cannot deny that Biggie was a hell of a story teller on the track and his wordplay is legendary. I don't have to personally like him to admit that.

Oh on topic: TIny Tina isn't racist because she loves rap.
---
XBL Gamertag- cabald
#59TwCabl3Posted 2/4/2013 9:58:42 AM
@Panopictonguy

Lots of people hate Nas but he fathered rappers like Biggie. His style is the most imitated/emulated in the game. Big just happened to have Puffy on his side to make him a wild success.
---
XBL Gamertag- cabald
#60Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 2/4/2013 10:12:22 AM
I'll just quote myself from the other similar topic.

From: Unpure_Euphoria | Posted: 2/4/2013 1:11:31 PM | #004
The world "racist" is thrown around way too much. Tiny Tina is white... so if anyone should be offended, it should be little white girls who really act like that. Because, if anyone, that's who he is making fun of.

Why is everyone okay with Scooter, Ellie, Moxxi, and their bass ackwards representation of hicks, but Tiny Tina is racist? Give me a ****ing break, this "issue" is a joke.

---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers