any info on the 4th dlc?

#21SkullGnasherPosted 2/10/2013 12:33:55 PM
The_Kiriyama posted...
Pensato posted...
Pitchford's already stated there wont be a craft system because BL2 is suppose to be a looter not an MMO.

Randy Pitchford is a great guy, but he oversees a game where the 'raid' bosses, need to be tackled in a similar fashion and tactics to an MMO, where 'loot' drops as a reward for handing in quests, killing enemies, along with experience points and so on, rather than you would in a standard RPG or shooter then complains when people ask for crafting. Hrmm, sounds like one of those questions fans ask, that they are given a response like, "It doesnt fit" etc. instead of just being honest and saying something like, "Because it would take too long, would be too much work, would cost too much, etc."

And to say that BL2 is a looter not an MMO seems silly to me, it's a game where you play with multiple people, online. You do all the said stuff above, and considering BL as a series was an original idea, merging RPG with shooter, you would think that phrases like "it's not one thing, it's something else" would be avoided.

That last part didnt make any sense to me. MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online, and Borderlands is anything but Massive as far as its multiplayer goes. It is in fact a loot based first person shooter with RPG elements, as the games description tells us, and as the gameplay shows us. Im all for gun crafting. I could spend hours re crafting my guns, but being thats its not an MMO, I can also see why there isnt such a system.
The game has potential for so many different awesome things, but in the end, its limited to what it can actually do, like most games. Maybe the open code in the game was meant for other add ons, I.E, lvl cap increase, more legendaries, a new way to spend eridium etc. Im no expert, but Im not sure what the next DLC will ofer....
#22feliaroPosted 2/10/2013 12:41:11 PM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
Butt Stallion really needs to be a raid boss.

I really hope this was serious because that could actually be awesome/hilarious...
I really want this now...
---
"HEY YO!" Steve the bandit
#23Darkest_EvilPosted 2/10/2013 12:45:32 PM
i think there needs to be a finish to the story and kill off the rest of the characters from part 1
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#24casualgamer1991Posted 2/17/2013 4:59:52 PM
Any new news on the supposed 4th dlc due out march?
#25skaggzPosted 2/17/2013 5:13:48 PM
I have not heard anything but rumors...

If history repeats its self, I would think some kind of leak is coming. The other 3 seemed to have some kind of details a week or two before their release.

We havent seen anything Hyperion related yet. My prediction is lots of corrosive and big mech bosses
---
XBL--Phaldar
#26TheAnalogKid06Posted 2/18/2013 6:07:22 AM
I have not heard anything but rumors. For this DLC to be worthwhile for me it needs any of the following things:

Ice weapons
Level cap increase
Butt Stallion raid boss
Pearlescent weapons
Post ending story preferably taking place on the big H satellite.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
#27vigoroiscool123Posted 2/23/2013 5:22:02 PM
TheAnalogKid06 posted...
I have not heard anything but rumors. For this DLC to be worthwhile for me it needs any of the following things:

Ice weapons
Level cap increase
Butt Stallion raid boss
Pearlescent weapons
Post ending story preferably taking place on the big H satellite.

I agree with the moon base part all the way! I was a bit disappointed that you don't actually go there. And also, why doesn't anyone want a lvl cap raise? I'm a bit tired of being lvl 50 and need more of a challenge!