Have they done any character balancing?

#1Mister_VanillaPosted 2/4/2013 11:22:26 AM
Not stuff like The Bee, or bosses, but just balancing perks and action skills?

If they haven't, do you feel they need to, or will they?

Just curious
#2atomicbreathPosted 2/4/2013 11:39:09 AM
Character balancing seems a little moot in a coop game like BL2. Yeah, you can duel your buddies but it doesn't really mean anything other than getting BAR.

Rather than work on balancing, I would rather see the devs work on creating new experiences with the DLC.
---
Fact because it's science. ==============================================
#3Flow_149Posted 2/4/2013 12:12:12 PM
No they have not, which is understandable seeing how there isn't any glaringly over-powered characters and character usage seems to be fairly even across the board. Certain skills are a lot better then others but they way the trees are structured it works out in the long run. Personally I would much rather have them patch the current exploits.
#4DyinglegacyPosted 2/4/2013 1:05:32 PM(edited)
I feel that the mechro deathtrap needs some tweaking. I don't know about you guys, but I find it highly annoying when he decides to heal enemy shields OR use his laser beam eye on me. Also, it is quite frustrating when deathtrap gets stuck in the sound loop after he does his spinning tornado claw move.

One other thing that I think could use some work is Zer0's sniper tree, well, the bottom half anyway. In my opinion, he needs some sort of sniper rifle ammo regen skill in the sniper tree, and it would be nice if critical ascension were to be changed a bit.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Do justice and love mercy. Regardless of our philosophies or religious views, these are words to live by.
#5Ray_MK_IIIPosted 2/4/2013 1:06:18 PM(edited)
I think there's some positive character balancing that needs to be done; that is, buffs or rebalances rather than nerfs. For example, there needs to be a reason to get currently crappy capstone gamechangers like Critical Ascension, Nuke, or Scorn. Then there's entire flawed trees, like Zer0's Sniping or Sal's Brawn, which need improved skills to make them worthwhile compared to other trees.
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
Yup.
#6tony8669Posted 2/4/2013 1:14:37 PM
I'd rather they just leave it alone, otherwise it's going to end up like World of Warcraft with everyone whining and crying that their favorite class isn't more godly than everyone else's class.
#7H_Panic22Posted 2/4/2013 1:35:26 PM
Ray_MK_III posted...
I think there's some positive character balancing that needs to be done; that is, buffs or rebalances rather than nerfs. For example, there needs to be a reason to get currently crappy capstone gamechangers like Critical Ascension, Nuke, or Scorn. Then there's entire flawed trees, like Zer0's Sniping or Sal's Brawn, which need improved skills to make them worthwhile compared to other trees.

If you don't like Nuke, its only because you haven't quarterbacked it across a level to bail out your friends. With Longbow, I can literally deliver a reusable bomb anywhere I can see.

And with an explosive build centered on Battlefront and Torgue gear? Good night, world.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#8RinglercorpPosted 2/4/2013 1:40:49 PM
H_Panic22 posted...
Ray_MK_III posted...

If you don't like Nuke, its only because you haven't quarterbacked it across a level to bail out your friends. With Longbow, I can literally deliver a reusable bomb anywhere I can see.

And with an explosive build centered on Battlefront and Torgue gear? Good night, world.

This.

It's a free over-powered grenade. Reclaim and re-use in 10 seconds.
---
NOPE! It's just Chuck Testa.