I found a Rapid Infinity in a vending machine...

#1A_v_APosted 2/5/2013 2:48:53 AM
(tl;dr at the bottom but it's a good story bro)

So, I just got this game (one of you may have seen my two posts asking for people to roll with) and I have a character for co-op and a character for online/solo play. My main is 20 something (loooow I don't even have a 50) and my mechromancer is 13. I have never, nor will I ever, accept guns (duped or otherwise) for free unless they're stupid rare. I struggle to get my gear, or do fair trades.

Anyway, while I was on my Mechromancer, my buddy and I went to Sanctuary to stock up and I decided to go to the gun vendor and to my utter and absolute surprise, I found a Rapid Infinity.

Granted, it is a Lvl. 13 Rapid Infinity so in a few levels I'll outgrow it and pass it on to my other characters, but I was just curious how rare is this? What is the difference between the Infinity dropped by bosses (besides the Prefix) and the ones in the vendor? Did I just get extremely lucky, or is this just a slightly uncommon bad ass occurrence? I'm always seeing posts about Infinities on this board.

Also, I would be willing to dupe it (I don't know how to dupe) for anybody who would like one. I think it's nice that it's low level, because I can keep giving it to my other characters and on my Mechromancer it's absolutely awesome (Anarchy + Close Enough = aiming?)

tl;dr I found a Lvl 13 Rapid Infinity in a vending machine. What, if any, is the difference between this and the boss drop ones? Is this a rare occurrence? Is a low-level Infinity as rare as a high level Infinity?
---
360 GT: IronLemonade420
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Horker_Attacks
#2SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 2/5/2013 2:54:33 AM
Pretty much. Legendaries are rare at any level.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#3sshadow5002Posted 2/5/2013 2:59:56 AM
My brother found a level 10 infinite pistol in 1 of the slot machines in moxxi's bar. I imagine they're pretty rare and probably incredibly useful early game when your short of cash and ammo.

I think the only difference would be power.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#4A_v_A(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:02:26 AM
sshadow5002 posted...
My brother found a level 10 infinite pistol in 1 of the slot machines in moxxi's bar. I imagine they're pretty rare and probably incredibly useful early game when your short of cash and ammo.

I think the only difference would be power.

The ones I see posted and the one on the Wiki have like, 9k+ damage. This particular one does a pea-shot 73 damage but it's just mowing everything down at my level. Especially combined with Anarchy.
---
360 GT: IronLemonade420
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Horker_Attacks
#5Krumpus299Posted 2/5/2013 7:33:38 AM
How are you using an Infinity with Anarchy?
---
- XBL Gamertag: Scotti15, Deadinmysights3
#6ToboeAkaPosted 2/5/2013 7:40:17 AM

Anarchy itself doesn't stop you from using an infinity, but the skill "smaller, lighter, faster" which reduces the number of shots.
---
GT: AdvisoryCrane8
#7Krumpus299Posted 2/5/2013 7:45:00 AM
ToboeAka posted...

Anarchy itself doesn't stop you from using an infinity, but the skill "smaller, lighter, faster" which reduces the number of shots.

Oh, right

Sorry, haven't played in a bit lol

Thank you
---
- XBL Gamertag: Scotti15, Deadinmysights3
#8twicedamcPosted 2/5/2013 8:33:01 AM
Wow! Nice find. You should buy a lotto ticket, because this is the first one I've ever heard coming from a vendor.
#9VeritasAbIratoPosted 2/5/2013 8:47:42 AM
I found a shredifier the very first time i was in oasis in the weapon machine, i was so stoked, it's pretty cool when stuff like that happens in this game...it carried me for awhile too still have it for my mid levels...